Hi, my name is keithmn2703! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is keithmn2703!

Options
keithmn2703
keithmn2703 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer with muscular dystrophy and have to manage my muscle pain 24/7 and now at 67 it not only effects my home life but my social life as well  and I need to constantly think on my days activities to get through the day. I usually end up sitting in my favourite chair and forget to keep moving in some way and therefore suffering for the remainder of the day. I try not to moan about my pain in case I sound like a record. I have had my benefits stopped although I am appealing but because I am not yet queing for the pearly gates I think this could be futile, but fingers crossed.
Yours, Keith Nicholls.

Comments

• felix
    felix Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    Hi Keith!! New one here too! :)

With regards to your benefits being stopped, it may be worth speaking to someone from Citizens advice bureau or looking on their website for some support. They're very good, and the guidance on the site helped me.

With your muscle pain, have you seen your gp lately? Might be worth a chat to make sure you're on the correct medications etc. I know what 24/7 pain is like, and you don't want to be a grump but you're human and you're allowed to grump once in awhile!!

Xx
    felix xx
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @keithmn2703 and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear what you are going through, if there is something we can help you with please let us know.

As the main part of my work is usually looking at spreadsheets at work, and do a lot of other stuff on the computer when at home I know what it is like forgetting to get up and walk around and make sure I move. At work is not usually too bad as other things come up which mean I have to move, but at home I sometimes find it necessary to set the alarm on my mobile to go off every 60 minutes to remind me to get up and walk around for a few minutes or finding something else to do for a short period.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi keith and welcome

Which benefit has stopped ?
    Was it DLA, PIP or a change from DLA to PIP ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @keithmn2703

Welcome to the community 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @keithmn2703

Its great to meet you today I hope you are having a good morning???

Please please let me know if there is anything that I can help you with???
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Keith, @keithmn2703 and welcome. It is good to see you here.

Brightness