MINISTER APPOINTED TO TACKLE LONELINESS IS THAT THE ANSWER? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MINISTER APPOINTED TO TACKLE LONELINESS IS THAT THE ANSWER?

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every body I hope you are all OK. Well it has been another Weepy Wednesday.  Trying to cope with day with this dread of loneliness.

Have the Government got the answer to appoint a Minister Tracy Crouch for the task.  Seeing all the media already got two more jobs in Sport and Culture.  Speaking this morning on Breakfast no idea really.  It needs some one in the Government to really start to look at every thing that is going on socially. 

This is my view and opinion no matter how many times you can do reports and surveys debating the problem.  The main problem is the eroding of families, social motobility and the break down of communities.  All due to succession of Governments.  Closure of local amenities like the Post Office, Corner Shop, Pub all gone.  These are social places to meet.  Worse is the lack of reliable networks like day centres, sport centres, community and disabled amenities.

I do not think even this minister has a clue what she has let her self in for.  Nine million of us.

I know I come on this forum discussing my day and the rest of what is bothering me.  I understand I am not alone this.  Seeing a lot of people in similar circumstances as myself.  The depth and range of ages and disabilities and problems associated with this is immense.  Only touched the tip of the iceberg on this forum.

I am always sending messages of support as we all of us are trying to cope on a daily basis.  My life and days are empty and only source of sunshine and comfort is today and every day speaking talking to all you a round the country.

The big problem for me personally is intregration.  Yes in the past have had support from various charities.  I loved all the support but is finding the right social support.  Yes I have left these charities due to funding and they need to assist others.  Problem is if the Governments who ever they are keep cutting and slashing councils budgets all places that are considered safe havens for social awareness are shut and closed down.  Where do you meet people in a safe environment.

Only answer is looking on web but then again is that helping.  Many organisations are limited in areas and funding.  I have spent a month looking at other options and they is nothing out there for me.

So I go on try to a spent a long day doing what I can to be energised for the next day.  Every day is becoming a blur.  All time goes slowly after doing house and a bit of TV but after that what is there?  Most days wondering what to with my self.  Limited in so many ways.  Now it is getting and going around in my head.  The demons that haunt me, past errors, judgements failed relationships, volunteering.  All hurting.

So will have to wait and see.  What happens now?

I hope all those like me feel the same it is worth it and is it going to change this disease I have got.
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    This sounds like another pointless appointment by a government which is trying to appear helpful whilst not having any real idea of what help is needed and how we got to this point in the first place.

Society in general is under stress and pushed into looking after self first, last and all the time. Any real option would cost money the government isn't prepared to spend.

It's just another case of "Hey, look how helpful we are trying to be".

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Topkitten I wrote this because I ended up seeing what exactly is the point.  I see nothing is going to change is it. 

One of the aspects of this appointment that gets to me is why and how can a MP understand loneliness.  I noticed this morning all talking about spending more money on Border security.  Is that important or are we.?

One of the most upsetting things in my life is people who I have met who are so self centered.  Selfish and only think about them selves.  Usually what I call fairweather friends.

Coping with this dread is not easy.  The phone never rings at all.  I had enough I know my mobile went off over the dreaded Holiday gone and it was just a text from some one I can not really remember.  Who is that ?

By way my friend can I apologise if sometimes I say things.  I forget what I write sign of getting older.  Have to look again every post I send.  Go off on a bit.  Days I have to remind myself what did I say?.  Some days do not know who and what I have been writing.  Even so I need to talk about whats in my head.  My mental state get triggers, reminders of the horrors of the past.

Then I get the message and I do not know how to respond.  I always have the respect for you and care about people in our community.

Look what happened in my head still hurting get some one from my past ringing up going on about their lives.  Never asking about me.  I have now have to say my piece on the phone interrupt.  Do not like being rude this is not my manner, I have to though.

Last time in my head this a guy who I can not remember did ring one time.  Banging on about his wife his exwife and the rest going on.  I recall that one because I shouted down the phone.  Had enough why are you ringing?  Sorry the swearing I had enough and slammed the phone down.  Since then no one.

Any way so another day goes on Take care my friend good to chat.

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @DannyMoore Thank you for reply  I have been making a note of what you say.  That is great you have social connections through the church.  Just let you know that I appreciate the words of wisdom.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @DannyMoore Thank you for reply.  Thank for support and kindness.  I try my best.  Problem is that I know all of these things.  It is not me I have been told by many people.  Who had my interests at heart.

Unfortunately they are not around any more.  Some are passed on.  Some I do not where they are.  A lot damage done by my family and my mother.

Can not and still do not understand why.  I suppose there are people like that and I have try to form relationships if can.  Understand this I have friends and support on here this forum.  Hard for me to understand why a person wishes to interfere in some ones friendship with people who are giving him, love, support, kindness.  Plus he is doing the same for them.

Is that jealousy or it is some thing sinister.  I do not know the answer.  All I know is that most days which I can reflect going back.  All I see the hurt and misery that people are causing me.  No idea why.  What have I done to them.?

Is that another reason I feel lonely getting that sinking feeling, down depressed days again.

I hope and pray that you take care I speak to you soon my friend.

Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.