Hi, my name is SandraDawn50! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SandraDawn50!

SandraDawn50
SandraDawn50 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
first of all I want to say hello and that I am really anxious about asking you any questions 
I suffer from severe anxiety/panic attacks
Agraphobia,manic depression/bipolar disorder
And phycosis.
My ESA payment were stopped at the end of august due to me not recieving post telling me to contact my advisor at the job centre regarding  my appointment of assment  for a telephone interview.
The reason being that my ex partner whose home I had lived in  for five years with him then he left and the court made a order that I could continue to live there until my youngest son finished in  further education.
However unbeknown to me my ex partner who took the mortgage in his name only had allowed it to fall into arrears and it had been taken to court and a repossession order made from the bank and a eviction notice sent to him at his new address .
I was.informed two weeks before the eviction.date by a notice delivered to my door, then was told after speaking with the NatWest Bank representative who called to speak with me that I was not to worry this date had now been put as pending and was going to be reviewed in two weeks time ,and would not be taking place the next day as the eviction notice said.
But the very next day at 12.30p.m on the 21sr of June 2017 the baliff appeared hammering on the door ,and the lock Smith ready to change the locks,and the estate agents to take the new keys back to the agents dealing with it and the sign was being put up for sale ,
I was given a hour to collect some bits and my medication ,put my dog on her lead.and told to go with my son who also suffers from mental health issues aswell ,.we had no place to go and the council offered only a room at a different town in a travel lodge ,but I couldn't take my dog , which was no use to me as my GP has written a letter stating we were to keep my dog with us as a must as she offers support and security with our mental health issues.
My son's friend let us stay for a week ,then three days at my sister's ,then three my mum and dad's ,then three days with a friend's daughter,then three my son's friend again ,and round again to my sister .I've never felt so scarred and completely  overwhelmed by the whole situation .Changing my address wasn't on my mind finding a home was and all the energy that I could put was used on that . moving heigtnnd my son's and my self with our issues as going out of the house itself makes me panic so having to go from one place to another was making us far worse.
Suddenly I tried to get my ESA payment only to find it has been stopped due to failing to contact the job centre for assessment ,and when I explained they then said it would now also be stopped for failing to notify them of change of address aswell but as I explained I had none.
I sent a mandatory appeal in but was told  I couldn't have it reinstated  as not attending and not notifying CHANGE of address aswell.
So I with the help of a kind lady who I send paperwork to at the citizens advice helped put together a court tribunal paper to put with all the others for a court hearing on the 19th of December 2017 AND I WON MY APPEAL LETTER STATUNG THAT I HAD GOOD REASON FOR NOT ATTENDING OR CHANGE OF ADDRESS . .all this time I had not received any other money other than my £300 a month DLA .which having to pay some cash to the various people where we stayed towards meals and electric for allowing us to do our washing,and to shower or bath it didn't leave hardly anything.
In September 2017 I found a private rental and they were happy to take us so we took it I badly needed my own home .BUT IT IS £700 A MONTH  WHICH MEANS EACH MONTH I HAVE TO FIND £170 A MONTH TOP UP RENT AFTER HOUSING BENIFIT.BY NOW I ASSUMED I WOULD OF RECIEVED A PAYMENT AS I AM ALREADY £600 IN ARREARS WITH THE RENT ,HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO WAIT IM DESPERATE ,WE ARE ALLOWED A FOOD VOUCHER ONCE A FORTNIGHT AND WE ARE EXISTING ON STUFF FROM THEM ,AND A FEW BITS ANS PICES WE PICK UP BUT R DIET IS MOSTLY PASTA BEANS ,RICE AND PORRIDGE OATS
.WE CANT RUN THE CENTRAL HEATING SO WE SIT IN ONE ROOM EITHER IN BWD OR UNDER BLANKETS WATCHING THE T.V,WE WALK THE DOG TOGETHER TWICE A DAY AS IF ALTOGETHER WE MANAE TO GET ME OUTSIDE BUT I NORMALLY AM PHISCALY SICK FIRST .
IM SO WORRIED I NEED THESE PAYMENTS TO START BEING PAID ,WILL THEY BACK PAY THEM SO I CAN THEN CLEAR THE ARREARS ON MY NEW HOME AS IM SO AFRAID WE WILL LOOSE IT 
PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME 
SORRY I HAVE WAFFLED ON 
THANKS Sandra Dawn 50

Comments

Brightness