Hi, my name is peter2185! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is peter2185!

Options
peter2185
peter2185 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi my name is peter I am 32 years old and have Asperger I love retro games and music watching films walking would like a friend to talk to boy or girl  

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @peter2185 and welcome to the community  :)
    At 66 years of age I don't think I qualify as a 'boy' anymore, but at least I can say hello. And I'm wondering how 'retro' your retro games might be, and what kind of films you like to watch.
    You'll find a lot of people on the spectrum here, and this might be a place to start to look https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism. Otherwise, have a good look around and don't hesitate to ask any questions.
    I look forward to hearing more about you and your interests,
    Best wishes,
    Richard
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @peter2185
    Welcome to the community! 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Han_Solo
    Han_Solo Community member Posts: 114 Courageous
    Options
    Hi - welcome to the community and I hope you find everything that you are looking. All the best
  • peter2185
    peter2185 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi there if you really like to know my retro computers are the Nintendo the super Nintendo the Sega mega drive the Sega master system the game boy the Amiga 500 and the play station 1 and the play station 2 and something else I'd like to share with you my favourite retro tv show gamesmaster and if you would like to be my friend I'll show you all my treasures of retro gaming and I i'll be your friend too

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hello @peter2185
    and thank you for getting back to me. Those are some retro machines you have there!
    It is so long since I touched some of them - but I think I've actually had my hands on all of them in the past - that I can't even remember the names of the games for some of the earlier ones. I seem to recall an early version of Duke Nukem, perhaps on the Megadrive?And I've some recollection of a game in which prehistoric men in furs threw bones at dinosaurs and pterodactyls. I could be wrong though.
    I have a PS3 which gets used now mostly as a DVD player, used to have a PS2 at one time and still have a PS1. I was a great fan of the Tomb Raider games, and I particularly remember ODT ("Don't play with your food unless your food plays with you!" I loved Lemmings, Hogs of War, Asteroids and Micro Machines. The one game I've really stuck with is Medal of Honour. I think I've got a PS3 MOH that I soon gave up on because it was too demanding for me :) I'm getting old, you see.
    And yes, I'm a fan of Dara O'Brien and Gamesmaster. That's great fun.
    So tell me more.about yourself if you would like to.
    I love movies and movie music, though I'm not an 'authority' on movies, just watch an awful lot. My interest extends from the old silent black-and-white days through to the modern, very-cgi-dependent type, from Laurel and Hardy and Chaplin comedies to Paddington 2 and the latest war movies :smile:
    So tell me more, if you'd like to of course.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness