I'm hurting — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm hurting

Options
Andy_Webb11
Andy_Webb11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My parents have received a letter from the council telling them that they need to pay full amount of council tax, they are both pensioners and I have just started to claim Universal credit after finding a job for only 16 hours a week after job hunting since 2010 been to lots of interviews over those years only got this job from a support provider that I got refereed to by jobcentre. this letter has caused arguments and trouble and I could find myself homeless because of the problems its causing I have done something I haven't done for many years started self harming myself again as I seem to be causing hurt to those around me and its the only way I can deal with it all  

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Andy and welcome

So sorry that this is happening
    Please get advice from CAB or similar as soon as possible

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Andy_Webb11, and welcome to the community. So sorry to hear about your situation, I hope we can help.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of self-harm or suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself. If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away. Do you have any support for your mental health at the moment?

As CR says above, it may be a good idea to seek support from Citizens Advice on this issue, as they will be best placed to help. You can find your local CAB by searching on their website. Alternatively, you may like to speak to somebody at the Scope helpline team at 0808 800 3333 (free). Please do keep us updated and come back to us with any questions, and we'll do our best to help. 

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Andy_Webb11

Good Afternoon & Welcome!!!

It’s great to meet you today!!!

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation!!!

We are all here for you please please don’t start “self harming” yourself !!!!

You will only make things 100% “Worse Believe Me”

Please please have a good look at the above post from my good friend @PippaScope

Remember we are all here for you now!!!!

You are now able to access as much “help & support” as required !!!!!!!!!

“Remember we are all here for you”

Brightness