Hi, my name is Marioneth! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Marioneth!

Marioneth
Marioneth Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hello, I'm from S.E. Devon.  Finding life too hard to manage, financially, physically and emotionally alone.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Marioneth and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are feeling so low, but I have no doubt at all that you have good reason.
    Would you care to tell us a little more? It is safe to do so here.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Marioneth
    Thanks for your concern.  Have just had t move house, am 74.  Friends have done their best, but seeing I can't lift, or b out of bed for more than 4 hrs, HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO MANAGE?
    We havnt all families, or money for extra help.  My post is nearly a month old.  Sorry I'm having to lie down.
    Its all ONE BIG F MESS
  • JennysDad
    Hello @Marioneth
    And what can I say? Your situation is clearly awful and my sympathy, real as it is, is not going to make any real difference. I'm here, I care, but that won't really cut the mustard either, I know.
    I've flagged your post for attention, trusting that someone will get back to you who may be able to offer you real help. Bear with us, please, whilst I try to see what we can do.
    I've seen your other posts by the way - looked them up following your message - and they all seem to be from today. There is a post that is nearly a month old? Can you clarify that at all?
    Here, listening. 
    Richard
  • Marioneth
    Dear Richard, I've been unable to get to my mail, bills, letters etc for near a month.  In the same clothes now for that time.  Can't unpack and hang clothes etc.  This accommodation is only 3 months, them move to small flat in town.
    It'll kill me in the end as am a country girl.  All the city nobs bought up the countryside didn't they.  Yes I've a RIGHT t b GRUMPY!
    You become UNDATEABLE  in the end so life's not worth living.
  • JennysDad
    Hello again, @Marioneth and thank you for getting back to me. Of course you have a right to be grumpy. Grumpy is too mild a word for it. The government's treatment of the disabled makes me bloody furious, and I'm looking (outside of Scope) actively for ways to fight the b********s. Our fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers fought for a 'land fit for heroes' and all we've received is a 'land fit for heroin'.
    As I said before, I've flagged your message for people to look at who have more direct expertise than I do. With luck they will be in touch with you tomorrow.
    Hang on in there, please, and stay in touch,
    You matter,
    Richard
  • Marioneth
    Wow, that is SO kind.  I wasn't asking for help just VENTING MY ANGER.  Believe me, it is just very good that you've listened to me and am grateful for that.
  • JennysDad
    My privilege, @Marioneth. Relieved that you were venting, and hope you won't hesitate to rant at any time you feel the need.
    Take care.
    Richard
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    Hi @Marioneth, welcome to the community

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, and I hope that the community will be a place that you feel comfortable in sharing/venting and getting support.

You mention having trouble with your accommodation situation and with not being able to do certain things - have you considered calling our helpline to see if they can give some tailored advice? They're open from 9am to 5pm on weekdays, but closed bank holidays. 

Here are their details if you're interested in contacting them:

Telphone (free): 0808 800 3333

Email: helpline@scope.org.uk

Brightness