Hi, my name is fintou! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is fintou!

Options
fintou
fintou Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all I have fibromyalgia I was diagnosed about 4 years ago. I suffer with terrible flare ups and daily pain in my feet, lower legs, thumbs wrists and elbows. I get lots of tendon problems if I try to exercise or do too much. I really enjoy diy but find it very difficult to do it now. I love crafts and upcycling buy again have to do things much slower than I used to. I am a Beautician but had to give up.my business due to this horrible painful condition .  My family keep me going I've got 4 beautiful grandchildren. Don't know what  i would do without my family support. Anyway enough about me I just wanted to join with others like me.

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi. I've written an ebook about Autism. It's very interesting.
  • Tigermoth42
    Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @fintou, welcome and so sorry to read about your difficulties and struggle with fibro. I love crafts too, have had to scale back the majority of things I used to enjoy like horse riding, I now try hard to keep my hands supple by knitting and I’m going to have a stab at painting. I’ve not been diagnosed with fibro, but my sister has it and is convinced I do too. She’s not a medical professional but we do suffer with very similar problems. I have degenerative disc disease, arthritis and chronic pain syndrome in addition to a thingy called atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia which means my heart randomly kicks off with a beat in excess of 250 a minute. I have great family support too and four grandchildren, although they’re not local, we don’t see much of them as I can’t cope with a car journey longer than about 20 mins as a passenger. Looking forward to chatting with you. Have a lovely Sunday, love Gail 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @fintou and I'll add my own welcome to our community. Good to see you've already found friends here :)
    So good to hear you have a loving and supportive family - it makes such a difference - but sorry, of course, to hear you are in such pain.
    We have a thread here specifically on Dealing with Chronic Pain. There are many fibromyalgia sufferers among our members who will understand what you are going through and relate to you.
    If you have any work you would like to share, by the way, we also have an online members' gallery at KaleidoScope. You might like to have a look and think about showing us something.
    In the meantime, we're here and listening. Don't hesitate to ask any questions or to tell us more about your situation, especially if we may be of help to you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @fintou, welcome to the community! If there's anything we can assist you with, do let us know.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @fintou

Welcome it’s my meet you today.

It’s great to meet you this morning.

Please please have a good look around.

If you have anything that I can help/support you with please let me know?????
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @fintou

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness