Hi, my name is Maryday9! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Maryday9!

Options
Maryday9
Maryday9 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Good Morning .
I am a new member to this community .

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Maryday9
    Welcome to the community! Do you want to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Maryday9
    Options
    I am registered disabled I have psoriatic arthritis I am 62 I have a disabled daughter she is 22 my daughter has EDS type 3 we are together have many issues but managed day today
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    We have a lovely community here, do join in and get involved and if you have any questions, let us know! :)
    Scope
  • Maryday9
    Options
    It is good to know someone is listening I am generally a very happy person as it is my daughter however recently she applied to go to University at Myerscough equine College she has already completed a 4 year college course at Myerscough they are also a university however when she applied she was being fobbed off and told to go and do a science foundation in Preston UCLan and then come back after a year although Jessica is an A-star student and I cannot see why she would do a foundation of science when she has already completed the equine science and obtained a distinction.. she was still discouraged by attitude several phone calls have been made with no response to voicemails I do not know what to do next for her Jessica would not be able to do the physical side of the University course however she plans to be a lecturer there for the duties of mucking out etc would not apply this would cause a problem to Jessica physical well-being as her hips dislocate as well as her shoulders knees and ankles she has already been airlifted from my school in the past when she attended I am sorry this is so long and drawn out but we are at our wits end
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Maryday9

We have a disabled student advisor here that you might like to chat with?
    Scope
  • Maryday9
    Options
    My daughter is in Ireland I will get her to chat when she comes. 

Brightness