Hi, my name is Bailie! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Bailie!

Options
Bailie
Bailie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
P.I.P.  rang me to day and asked me to attend an interview on Thursday in a town 30 miles away from me. My last interview was in my town. Is this normal or can I ask them to do it in my town at a later date.
Thanks. 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bailie and a warm welcome to the community. Glad you've found us.
    I can't answer your question directly but I'm going to forward your post to some people who may be able to help.
    Bear with us and we'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi @Bailie

Good Evening & Welcome.

We have got some great info & advice here on our site.

I have posted a link to some for you:

Please please let me know if I can offer you more help/advice as we have got more to offer!!!!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Bailie

This info is from My PIP assessment website.

"Consultations take place in lots of places around the country. Some of the places are dedicated Centres for PIP consultations. Others are also used for other things as well, such as physiotherapy sessions or Medical Centres. All of the centres that we use for PIP consultations are listed on our website. The list is split into regions to help you find ones near to where you live. We update the list as new Centres open.

How is your consultation centre chosen?

If we decide we need to see you for a face-to-face consultation we will send you an appointment letter. See our post ‘Will a face-to-face consultation always be required if I claim PIP’ for an explanation of when you would need to be seen. The appointment will be at one of the Centres near to where you live. It won’t necessarily be the nearest Centre. This is because there might not have been any appointments available there at the time the appointment was booked.  

Can you change your PIP consultation appointment?

Yes, you can change your appointment. You can change it to another day or time. You can also change the Centre that the appointment is at. We're only allowed to change your appointment once and if you miss your appointment without a good reason, DWP may end your PIP claim. Your appointment letter tells you how to contact us to change your appointment or ask any other questions that you might have."

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness