Hi, my name is Katie96! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Katie96!

Katie96
Katie96 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Katie96, it's great to have you join!

Do you feel comfortable telling us a bit about yourself?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Katie96

It’s great to meet you today!!!

Please please have a good look around our site/community.

If I can help you further please please let me know.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Katie96 and a warm welcome to you. Please don't be shy of telling us more about yourself or of asking us any questions. You will find nothing but friends here.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • Katie96
    Katie96 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Last year was the worst year ever I lost my sight in July due to glaucoma in August my mum died and in September I had an operation to have a lump removed which I was told I had a 10-20% chance of it being cancer and I was told under a week alter it was so have had to go through chemo and radiotherapy that I finished 6 weeks ago. I had to tell my older daughter is 21 but functions at 7 years old and was worried the stress would bring on a seizure and I told my younger daughter when I told her about my eye she said I will be your eyes mummy and she took the cancer quite well and my son who have learning difficulties like my younger daughter he said nothing. Then in November 5th my sons shirt caught fire from the stove she was blue lighted to Derby Royal then transfered to the burns unit in Queens Nottingham and he had full and partial thickness burns I was having chemo but couldn't think about me and my husband is 20 years older than me and disabled x

Brightness