Hi, my name is adyzz! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is adyzz!

adyzz
adyzz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I’m currently suffering a few medical issues, I have alpha1 anti trypsin deficiency zz , genetic copd , fibromyalgia, restless leg syndrome, currently on oxygen 4 litres and lung capacity of 22% , awaiting lung reduction as I keep getting pseudomonas infection so they’re hoping to cut dead parts of lung out so bacteria can’t store their, then hopefully infection free long enough to have a double lung transplant as there’s no cure for alpha deficiency, also waiting to have gallbladder removed , apart from that I’m proper depressed and don’t get out I’m 49 and knackered all the time , I mean flop sort of knackered lol I’m married and Rachel is my carer, up until 4-5  yrs ago I was a bricklayer and climbing mountains involved in boxing with my boys so to go down so quick is worrying and i Fear for how long I have left at end stage copd !!!
hi to you all I’m sure people out there far worse off xx

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @adyzz

Good Evening & Welcome my friend.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

We are a great bunch on here.

Please please let us know if there’s any help/support.that we can offer you. 
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @adyzz, welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. I hope that we can be a good source of support or even just a good place for you to come to have a chat.

Please do let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything we can help with :)
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @adyzz and a very warm welcome to you.
    Sheesh, old chap! You are certainly being put through the mill! And kudos to you for finding the wherewithal even to join us.
    Please don't hesitate to tell us anything or ask us anything that might help us to find ways to be of use to you. You matter here.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad

Brightness