Hi, my name is Droopy1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Droopy1!

Droopy1
Droopy1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi, Droopy signing on! Hope to join in, and add to the discussions. I have snooped a few questions and answers, and been impressed by the nice replies (nothing nasty on here). Hello everyone! 

Comments

• Droopy1
    Droopy1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    As a bit of background. I am the carer to my blind husband, he lost his sight waking one morning blind, 4 years ago. Boy was that a surprise. Job gone, his world now a 5% hazy glow! No help. Nothing! No advice offered. I got his benefits sorted myself after Citizens advice was sell your house! live off that income. Until broke! Cheers! 
    Got his benefits sorted, my carers sorted, then parents died one by one. Lots of probate kept me good this last 3years.
    Now its me, anxiety, panic attacks, have problems leaving the house, dont sleep. Arthritis, migraines, but still have to run the household. Thank goodness for home food delivery!
    Trying to be less reclusive. Our first grandchild due in January, I want to be less nutty by then! 
    So, ready or not folks, nutty Droopy1 is here!  ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Droopy1 and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us all. It sounds like you have both gone through a difficult time. I am glad to hear you have managed to get benefits sorted and that seems under control. I am sorry to hear that you didn't gain any support for your husband, is this still the case? Are you currently getting any support for your own health needs?
    Very exciting about your first grandchild!!
    You may find the parents and carers, physical and mobility issues and dealing with chronic pain sections of the website particularly interesting and please feel free to contribute as much as you want!
    If you need anything else then please feel to be in touch :)
    Scope

• Shadowdragon
    Shadowdragon Community member Posts: 17 Courageous
    welcome

Cant be easy being a carer and also suffering yourself, great news on grandchild, baby sitting duties soon hehe. it will be nice cos you can give them back :wink:

Brightness