Hi, my name is donal! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is donal!

Options
donal
donal Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hiya, my names donal, 2 years ago I had a stroke, It took my right side, I am desperate to get back into work as my wife is struggling, carrying us both. my speech is not great, neither is my right arm and hand, and my leg is still weak, i'm a bit anxious about going back into work, but it's something I have to try and do, but I need an employer who's prepared to understand that I won't be as good and affective as an able bodied person, and I really don't hold up of any hope of finding a such employer.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @donal   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Understand the situation you are in and may advise that as a community we can support you and help.

Have a look at Employment issues and finance for benefit advice, information.

Have you considered may I add looking at Education and Learning posts from our members of our community could be useful to know.

We are a supportive community who care and share. Lots of members with similar issues and problems  who you can relate to. I hope you find what you need. Please ask anything I hope a member of our community can advise.

Our team may offer suggestions and ideas as well to consider looking at those.

I wish you well and remember that we all can be supportive of each other.  Want some one to listen. The community will be hope able to.

Could be useful looking at what is available on line. I know they are companies willing to take on members of our community. It is finding the right support.

From some one who knows and has been there as I have many times.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness