SPINAL CANAL STENOSIS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SPINAL CANAL STENOSIS

Options
RoseRed
RoseRed Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone, I've joined the discussion on behalf of my 80 year old mother who has spinal canal stenosis L4-L5 with spondylolisthesis and scoliosis. She was diagnosed about 2 years ago but has been suffering with the condition for over 5 years and has seriously deteriorated over those years, to the point where she is barely able to walk. She has been awaiting spinal fusion surgery for nearly a year and there is no date in sight. She is very depressed and I am so worried she is going to end up in a wheelchair very soon. Does anyone have any experience of the spinal fusion surgery? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @RoseRed   Pleased to meet you welcome

Thank you for sharing and may I try to see how as a community help.

Sorry what has happened to your Mother . I know there will be members who will be advising you and might be in touch.

Have you spoken to AGE UK I know they will be very supportive in assisting your Mother. Lots of I am sure some support.  Plus information and advice. Some thing to consider.

In the mean time we as a community are here to give what help and support we can give. There will be members of our community who will identify your Mothers condition.

Have a look at our information , advice on Talk about specific conditions. Lots of posts from our members.

Hope that helps.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • RoseRed
    RoseRed Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thank you very much for your friendly welcome and advice @thespiceman
    Hopefully someone who has experienced what my mother is going through will get in touch. 

Kind regards

@RoseRed

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @RoseRed and a very warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that your mother is not doing very well at the moment. Does she currently have any support in place? What about yourself? I too would recommend contacting AGE UK as their advice would be more tailored. Please do have a look around the community and get involved with anything you would like to :) If you need anything else then please do let me know! 
    Scope

Brightness