Hi, my name is Wisegirl64! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Wisegirl64!

Options
Wisegirl64
Wisegirl64 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am disabled & unfortunately now housebound which wasn't fun while we had this glorious weather as I live at the seaside.  I am pleased to have joined this site & able to chat with like minded people who know what we are feeling.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wisegirl64
    Welcome to the community! Do you use a wheelchair to get around?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wisegirl64 and a very warm welcome to the community! I hope you find this space helpful to gain advise and support. I am sorry to hear that you are stuck at home. Is there anything that I can do to help? Please do have a look around and feel free to get involved with discussions (or start your own!) :)
    Scope

• Wisegirl64
    Wisegirl64 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Chloe & Ami2301,  Thank you for your kind messages.  It's difficult for me as I live in a 1st floor flat without a lift as there are only 6 flats in my small block & I can get down the stairs on my bottom with some difficulty but I can't get back up the stairs again without a lot of help & lifting and I am very overweight so it's not easy to ask for help.  My carer/partner is older & has a history of heart problems so he can't push a wheelchair with me in it. I want to get a mobility scooter but don't know where I would store it being on the 1st floor & needing charging.  We are trying to work out an easier way but haven't found a ground floor flat or bungalow which is what we need.  We'll get there eventually I'm sure & it's lovely to have people to talk too about it.  Thank you
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wisegirl64, thank you for sharing this with us. It may be worth posting something on the housing and independent living, and then the disabled motoring boards so that other users can offer support and guidance on this :)
    Scope

Brightness