Hi, my name is Cary! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Cary!

Cary
Cary Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Fibromyalgia, IBD, arthritis, MCS and plenty more.  South Hams based. 

Comments

• Dmb1975
    Dmb1975 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    edited September 2018

Hi Cary, 

It’s good to hear from you, I hope today is a good day for you

All the best Darren

• Cary
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for your message.   Not too bad a day today, have managed to visit my elderly parents.   Just fed up with myself that I am not able to do more to help them (85 and 91).   Where abouts are you?   Hope all is well for you too today. 

Cary
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I have fibro too. Welcome 
  • Cary
    Thanks Debbie.   So fed up with myself being so unable to live a proper life and struggling as if it wasn't for this government changing the goal posts I would have been receiving the pension I worked for until I became so ill.   How are you doing?

cary
  • Dmb1975
    Dmb1975 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi Cary,

Let’s celebrate the positive, you have been to see your parents which is brilliant, I am sure your parents understand your situation.  

If you ever want to chat about anything just drop me a line and I will respond as soon as possible.

I appreciate how difficult life can be I still struggle coming to terms with my life, I am a forty-two year old with Cerebral palsy and associated muscle spasms, I still live at home with parents and they have to do everything for me and I worry that I am a burden.

I am aching a bit but it is nothing I cannot handle.

Have a lovely rest of the day.

Darren
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Cory
    Welcome to the community! Please let us know if we can do anything to help!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cary and a warm welcome to the community. Please do have a look around and let me know if there is anything that I can do to help :)
    Scope

• Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 554 Pioneering
    Hi @Cary I have MCS/IEI. I was declared disabled because of this in 2007, but disabled is a legal term and not a diagnosis. I wondered if you have been diagnosed? I expect you know of mcs-aware. I find it a useful forum. Do you think it may be worthwhile to start a dedicated MCS discussion here on Scope? Hope you are coping well with MCS, as in my experience there is zero help from the NHS. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    @Steve_in_The_City this thread is 4 years old and Cary hasn’t been active on the forum for the same length of time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness