Hi, my name is AnksponPete! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AnksponPete!

Options
AnksponPete
AnksponPete Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone I`ve just joined :-)

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AnksponPete
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • AnksponPete
    AnksponPete Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited September 2018
    Options

No probs. I`ve had ankylosing spondylitis since I was 20 ( diagnosed at 26 ) and worked as a painter and decorator until I was 39. A car accident made my condition a lot worse and I had to stop work in 1997 aged 39. I was classed as unemployable by the DSS med assessor in 1997 and was awarded DLA in 1999. I`ve been through all the ESA and PIP trials and worries and come out the other side in the ESA support group and enhanced awards of PIP in both categories. I still manage to get out fishing (with help from my friends) and live with my ex rescue staffie bull terrier girl Missy.

If I can answer any questions that people have about ESA or PIP, then I`ll try. I may not be on here every day, depends how I`m feeling mentally and physically.

BTW, I reached 60 years last Feb, so am an old wrinkly now. :-) 

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AnksponPete, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here!
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks so much! Members of the community will greatly appreciate that.  Please let us know if you need any help at all with anything! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness