Hi, my name is shazza1uk! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is shazza1uk!

shazza1uk
shazza1uk Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I've just joined up, I'm 54 today & we've just had a laugh at me trying & failing to blow out the candles on my birthday cake because I don't have enough puff. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome & a rare complication that is causing my diaphragm to fail & no one knows what to do to help on 12th of October I'm going to see another consultant who thinks using a c pap or bi pap machine might at least give me a better quality of life. I've spent most of the past 3yrs in bed so the internet is how I participate in the big wide world, so hello everyone how are you? x

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi shazza1uk welcome to the Scope community and sorry to hear about your condition.  I'm fine thanks and I'm shore the rest of us are in our own way!
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shazza1uk
    Welcome to the community! Happy Birthday!! I hope you get some answers, please let us know how you get on and let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shazza1uk, a warm welcome to the community and a huge happy birthday for yesterday! I hope you had the loveliest day possible. We have other members with EDS on the community, so do get involved with our discussions when you feel up to it!

Brightness