4 hours after f2f received text received report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

4 hours after f2f received text received report

Tilly1
Tilly1 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi as the title says received a text 4 hours after my f2f to say they have received my report is this good or bad. Also I rang to ask for a copy and was told they are no longer to take requests over the phone and had to write in and ask.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tilly1, and a warm welcome to the community! Hopefully some of our members will be along to answer your queries shortly.
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    A few questions to be asked. From whom did you receive the text message. Was it the DWP? Secondly, was it the DWP who told you that copies of the assessment were only provided by written request? Thirdly,  do you know which company the assessor represented, was it CAPITA or ATOS? Fourthly, did you call the DWP  or the assessor company. I only ask, because  four hours for a report to be received by DWP is exceptionally fast. Secondly, you may ask for a copy of the assessors report when you receive the DWP's decision on the report, and that can be by a telephone call. You only have 28 days to request an MR, so a postal request for a copy of the assessor's report will cut that time considerably. Get back to the forum with the answers  and I am sure you will receive the support you require. Good luck  
  • Tilly1
    Hi Thanks for you reply.
    The text was from DWP
    The company was Capita
    I rang the number on my Capita letter they then gave me another number to ring,
    when i rang they answered by saying pip enquiring line part of Dwp. was these that told me request had to be in writing.

• Tilly1
    I rang back this morning and asked again and they are putting one in the post so it lays to ring again, then I was told a decision letter was out in the post on the 3rd but unfortunately we can't award you pip. So I'm guessing now the fun begins.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Tilly1 said:
    I rang back this morning and asked again and they are putting one in the post so it lays to ring again, then I was told a decision letter was out in the post on the 3rd but unfortunately we can't award you pip. So I'm guessing now the fun begins.
    As you have been refused you now have 28 days to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating what you disagree with, stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Only 17% of MR decisions change. They rarely contact anyone for evidence, so if you didn't send any to support your claim then send it with the MR request letter. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tilly1
    Thanks Poppy
    As soon as I get my report I will start the MR they had all of my support  documents hospital appointments consultants letters scans everything will be Interesting to see. 
  • poppy123456
    Future hospital appointment dates/times are not classed as evidence because they don't prove anything how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tilly1
    They where all previous appointments that I sent going back 3 years to June this year applied for pip in July.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Tilly1 said:
    They where all previous appointments that I sent going back 3 years to June this year applied for pip in July.
    Think about it, do they actually give evidence of the impact on your way of life?
  • Tilly1
    This is very true, will have wait and see when I get my report and see why they can't give me the award.
    When I apply for the MR I will send in new evidence.
    Than you for your reply. 
  • poppy123456
    Tilly1 said:
    This is very true, will have wait and see when I get my report and see why they can't give me the award.
    When I apply for the MR I will send in new evidence.
    Than you for your reply. 
    The award letter will tell you the reasons you've been refused. The assessment report will tell you what was recommended. Past and future appointment letters aren't classed as evidence. If evidence doesn't tell them how your conditions affect you against the descriptors then it's not the best evidence to use. Letters from people that know you well, a letter from yourself will carry more weight than medical evidence that says nothing about how your conditions affect you.
  • Tilly1
    I received my report this morning 2 B's on daily living and 0 for moving around she has put that I can walk 200 metres majority of days I didn't seem breathless walking 3 metres when I left the room to waiting room chair was not observed to be breathless after sitting and standing 3 times all lies. I was breathless through out. I rang this morning they are resenting decsion letter out.
  • poppy123456
    For the MR request letter then you should concentrate on where you think you should have scored those points and why. Avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told in the report, DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. Good luck.
  • Tilly1
    @poppy123456 Thank you again for your reply. In a previous post you mentioned evidence or a letter other than myself from people that know me well would that include my husband or would that be to close to home so to speak. 
    I'm guessing also the medical assessment for my esa is along the same lines.this is all new to me so I apologise for all the questions.
  • poppy123456
    Tilly1 said:
    @poppy123456 Thank you again for your reply. In a previous post you mentioned evidence or a letter other than myself from people that know me well would that include my husband or would that be to close to home so to speak. 
    I'm guessing also the medical assessment for my esa is along the same lines.this is all new to me so I apologise for all the questions.
    Yes absolutely. Your husband should have the PIP descriptors next to him when writing the letter detailing how your conditions affect you. Give at least 2 examples of the difficulties you have for each of the descriptors that apply.

For example, if you can't prepare a meal because of the danger to yourself, explain what happens...  if you've forgotten something that's on the hob, cut yourself, burnt yourself because of lack of concentration then explain this. You should do this for each descriptor that applies but keep it simple and don't drag it out into pages and pages of writing.

A letter like this will carry more weight than a letter from a GP that knows nothing about how your conditions affect you. You don't need medical evidence for a successful PIP claim, unless it's from a learning disabilities team that specifically details your conditions and how they affect you. Good luck.
  • Tilly1
    MR sent in 4 weeks ago just been told it is  with case manager and could still be another 2 to 3 weeks! 
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales to any decision. Hopefully not much longer.
  • Tilly1
    Rang Dwp to see if any decision had been made on my Mandatory Reconsideration and was told the case manager has asked  for further information from the assessment centre and not necessarily from the assessed as they are not medical trained. Any thoughts please.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.