Journalist request - are you in support of the plastic straw ban? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Journalist request - are you in support of the plastic straw ban?

Options
Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2018 in Research and opportunities
A journalist has been in touch and is looking for someone to share their story, they are looking for someone who uses straws daily and would class themselves as reliant on them who is in support of the ban (though with caveats for disabled people) and who thinks it is a positive thing?

If you are interested then email us on community@scope.org.uk and we can explain more.

Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm not dependent on straws but i'd like to say that things that are considered luxuries for able bodied people should not be considered luxuries for disabled people when they are necessities and society needs to learn the difference.
  • shoney
    shoney Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Used to have waxed paper straws they OK till get soggy them need a new one.. plastic though time has come to a end 
  • o5jessica
    o5jessica Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    Ok what I'm trying is baby cups instead to which is harder to use, yet I keep getting used to.more drink I have cups smaller what I used too.
    I feel like baby yet only thing I try.
    So anyone tried this then self's .whom is media outlet ?

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.