Hi, my name is lynette2858! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lynette2858!

lynette2858
lynette2858 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I am new here so be gentle with me lol. It's great to find somewhere to interact with other disabled people x

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lynette2858

Welcome it’s great to meet you today!!!!

Don’t Worry we are a “good bunch” on here.

Please please have a good look ? around.

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lynette2858 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining.  We are a friendly, supportive community.  Care and share.

Please if not sure about anything. Have a look at our Community House Rules and Community Guide.

To give you reassurance. Look forward to chatting to you.

Always here.  Any problems let me or any of the team of Community Champions.

I am one of the team of Community Champions who guide and advise new members.

Others are @steve51 and @Ami2301 plus others.

Hope that helps.  We also have to flag up posts that are under the Community House rules one of the roles.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lynette2858 welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • lynette2858
    Ok here goes, deep breath, lol. I have just turned 60. I have rheumatoid arthritis, scoliosis of the spine, COPD, oh and I am loosing my hearing!! I think if I was a horse I would have been shot a long time ago lol. Enough of the boring bit. My partner of 9 years decided to leave on Christmas Eve last year, but I got my priorities right, I kept the dogs!! I have 2 Samoyeds so I feel i am never without company. The motto i love to live by is " if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours". Well that's enough for now as I can already hear you snoring lol. It's great to be here, thanks for accepting me xx
  • Ami2301
    I have difficulty hearing too, sorry to hear what happened last year but I agree you definitely got your priorities right with your dogs lol! 
  • lynette2858
    I wouldn't be without them, thank you for making me feel welcome. One good thing about loosing my hearing is I don't hear them bark too much lol
  • Ami2301
    Lol there can be some perks to being hard of hearing!
  • lynette2858
    Ami2301, oh yes, I can always count on my hearing impairment to get me out of trouble. On a serious note, if I may be so bold to ask you, do you feel isolated and stupid sometimes because you can't keep up with a conversation? 
  • Ami2301
    I don’t feel stupid, doctors are still unsure what has caused my hearing loss and they are now not sure if I have APD which is Auditory Processing Disorder. It means that I can hear but I just cannot understand what people say. It’s a ongoing process.

I do feel very isolated especially when people know I have these issues and yet they still make no effort in trying to help me understand. Luckily, I have good friends and family who  understand  and help me to have normal conversations. How about you?
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Very, very glad to 'meet' you, @lynette2858, though sorry about the difficulties you face. Welcome to the Scope community.
    Please keep in touch and don't hesitate to tell us or ask us anything that might help us to be of help to you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad

Brightness