Hi, my name is Ginette! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ginette!

Ginette
Ginette Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Obviously I am new on here , I suffer from a condition called fibromyalgia amongst other things , and sometimes it's hard to get through the day without ending up feeling worthless through the inability to finish what I have intended to complete that day , through the symptoms of my fibromyalgia which starts with pain randomly anywhere in the body and every kind of pain that you can imagine never knowing where it will be , like Russian roulette in pain form .
What makes it worse is the ignorance of the people who seem to try to belittle the fact it is real ,it is not all in our mind's , I don't require sympathy just understanding it's real we are not just lazy , and the more
people put us through hell by saying it's just an excuse the harder it is to not want to give in totally.
So this is me and what happens on a daily basis , so I am making the attempt to climb out of this hole , starting with signing up on this sight , hoping if I feel unsteady I have a way of venting and trusting I can become strong enough to not let it happen again

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Ginette   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing Please may I add you are not alone with the condition you have.

Many members have fibromyalgia.  Will be in touch to support you. 

I am one of the team of community champions . Who help and advise new members who join.

Please ask if we can help and advise some one will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ginette, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing this with us. Many of our members also have fibromyalgia and I'm sure they'll be able to relate to your experiences. It's a tough thing to live with, but know that you're not alone. You may be particularly interested in our invisible impairments and dealing with chronic pain discussions. 

Do let us know if we can be of any assistance!

Brightness