Seeking Research Participants — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Seeking Research Participants

Options
Rosie1640
Rosie1640 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2019 in Research and opportunities

Hi, my name is Rosie Booth and I am currently researching issues of mobility and pressure to walk amongst mobility aid users with physical impairments, for my dissertation at Liverpool Hope University studying Disability Studies in Education. For this research I need participants who may be willing to be interviewed either in person or by email/telephone and asked questions regarding their experiences of mobility aid use within society. All participants will remain anonymous within the research and all their comments will be confidential.

The inclusion criteria for this research project is adults over the age of 18 in the UK who identify themselves as long-term mobility aid users.

This topic is one I feel very passionate about as a wheelchair user myself with embodied experience of the research topic.  This research is an opportunity to explore other people’s lived experiences, and potentially the barriers and limitations placed upon us by society. This research has the opportunity to challenge socially constructed barriers placed upon mobility aid users. You will also benefit directly from this research because, once I have completed the research, I will send you a copy of the key findings of my research if you would like me to.

[removed by moderator]

Comments

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.