Hi, my name is kazmoose! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kazmoose!

kazmoose
kazmoose Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone xx

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @kazmoose, how are you? Welcome to the community! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kazmoose
    Hi @Adrian Thank you , im ok hope you are too 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kazmoose welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • kazmoose
    Hi @Ami2301, my name is Karen, i have just recently had to give up my partime job , to be a fulltime unpaid carer for my partner, when i met him just over a year ago i never thought we would be in this postion, he had a few lil probs when i met him but now he has been registered disabled and has a lot of problems, im finding it hard tbh , with no help from anyone else, a carers life im finding is lonely but am i being selfish in thinking this x
  • Ami2301
    No you're not being selfish in thinking this at all @kazmoose. This is completely normal.

Me and my fiance went through the same phase when my disabilities became apparent. I didn't know how to cope with this and neither did he, which was completely understandable! 

To begin with, all we did was argue and he admitted tha he no longer saw me for me anymore, he just saw my disabilities.

As heartbreaking as this was, I realised that all this took it's toll on not just me, but him too.

Over time, as I learnt to manage my conditions, he learnt to. Now, we are stronger than ever. We have been a team from day one and we will remain that for as long as we both shall live.

It is so important that you both communicate, it will be hard to accept a big change but overtime you both will learn and will become stronger as a couple.

Are you receiving any financial support?
  • kazmoose
    Thank you for sharing that @Ami2301, he gets PIP and uc , i dont get anything atm as only just moved in with him to care for him,i have no idea where to go or what i can claim as ive had to give up my part time job xx
  • Ami2301
    You can see what you may be entitled to with our handy benefits calculator and you may find reading about carers allowance useful too :)
  • kazmoose
  • Ami2301
    You're very welcome! Let us know if you need any further help :)

Brightness