Hi, my name is Weymouth2! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Weymouth2!

Options
Weymouth2
Weymouth2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer (and I mean suffer) from spinal stenosis and osteoarthritis. I have been on all sorts of painkillers, tramadol, gabapentin, naproxim, fentynal, co codomol, and many others. None of which did any good and some of them left me feeling strange and confused. So i came off tramadol and gabapentin with the help of my G.P. and now take only naproxim, co codomol and fentynal. And they don't really help. I'm more or less confined to the house now as going out hurts too much. Can't do much in the way of housework either, but am lucky because my son's partner comes over twice a week to help with housework and shopping. I have two cats to keep me company and sometimes think i'm turning into the crazy cat lady lol.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Weymouth2

Good Evening & Welcome ??

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I am here to help & support any new members.

Yes yes I have also got “Chronic Pain 24/7”

I have also tried numerous meds with no help to date.

Please please let me know if you need a hand ???

@steve51
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Weymouth2 how are you doing today? I am sorry to hear you have been in pain, you may be interested in our dealing with chronic pain discussions. I am happy to hear you have some support. Ahh my old neighbour had 7 cats and 2 dogs! :D
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Weymouth2 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear your in pain. This forum is the right place for support, advice and information.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please ask if we can help with anything. Some one will know from our team or community.

We are friendly, care and share.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Weymouth2, welcome to our community. Really glad to have you with us. Please let us know if you have any questions at all and don't hesitate to stick around for a chat.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Weymouth2 welcome to the community. 

Brightness