Hi, my name is cats693! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is cats693!

Options
cats693
cats693 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi! My name is Jan, I'm 62yrs old I live in North London  and I have suffered with agoraphobia for over forty years and other mental health issues.  I manage to work in a GP surgery 20per wk for the past 17yrs, and in recent years, been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I'm struggling.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cats693
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you're struggling, you're not alone as many members of the community suffer with Fibromyalgia and I'm sure they would be more than happy to get in contact with you to offer support. Regarding your fear have you tried ways of  overcoming it, e.g. Counselling?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @cats693,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling. As @Ami2301 says, we have many members of the community with fibromyalgia who would be happy to offer support. This is a friendly and helpful community for people to help others and share their experiences. :) 

Do let us know if you have any questions. You may find our Dealing with chronic pain category of particular interest.
    Liam
  • cats693
    cats693 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Thanks to all of your replies. Im am currently under the UCLH homeopathy dept fir the last 18, with 2 more sessions to go. It has helped slightly but i still gey very exhausted now and then wich can be very debilitating.  I'm also waiting for CBT for Agoraphobia too but it never helps.

Brightness