Hello And Thankyou! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello And Thankyou!

Options
angela63
angela63 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Thank you for letting me join, I’m a 56 year old mum with a 23 year old son with Aspergers and Dyspraxia and a 20 year old daughter with Crohn’s disease, osteoporosis  and severe anxiety and depression, and I have long term depression, fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis myself, so we have a range of disabilities and life is pretty interesting and often challenging! But we are a very close little family and love our three dogs, cat, giant tortoise and bearded dragon, and pets are definitely our family therapy and have helped us through some bad times. We have constant issues with the DWP who regularly take away my daughters PIP on the basis that living with a lifelong stoma and Crohn’s pain isn’t apparently enough to qualify for PIP even though she is too ill to do much except be at home and sleep or help her brother with his autism. We have won 2 tribunals and know the stress the PIP process causes genuine claimants, makes me so angry.  So I feel for all you lovely folks on here with benefit struggles, which just shouldn’t happen when you are already coping with illness and disability, 
physical or mental. This group is a great place to get support looking at the discussions I’ve been reading, and that vital bit of support can make such a difference to us all when we are struggling. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @angela63   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please have a look around.  Our website we are friendly, care and share. You come to the right place.  Please if we can help with anything please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the Community @angela63.  Thank you for joining, it is nice to have you here.  You have some lovely pets there and you are quite right to say that pets are really therapeutic.  I have a cat who I find great therapy too.  If we can be of any help to you then please just let us know.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • RainbowJo
    RainbowJo Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    welcome im new too. my brother has chrones. my nephew is high function autistic and fobic anxiety disorder plus fibromyalgia. my sister ms and me a hole long list so ur not alone in having a hole family with there own issues and it does make it hard. people r always saying to me cant ur sister do that or help with that and i get fed up of reminding them my sister has ms. welcome again.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @angela63 and welcome to the community. Really glad you've found us and hopefully we'll be able to offer you some support. :smile: 

If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @angela63

Good Afternoon & Welcome ???

It’s great to have you onboard ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

I am also one off the team here on our online community.

@steve51

Brightness