Back again! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back again!

Tigermoth42
Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
edited June 2019 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everyone, sorry I’ve not been around for a while, I’ve missed you guys. It’s been an annus horribilis this year hence my disappearance. Lost my motability car but got it back eventually, husband rushed to hospital with a 9mm kidney stone - now operated on, daughter was the victim of a hit and run and had her leg broken - that’s now been operated on too! Catastrophic brake failure on new motability car, oven blew up, had to have one of my beloved cats put to sleep and, to cap it all, my pain doctor has referred me to an orthopaedic surgeon for potential surgery as I’ve got severe degeneration of c2-3 and 5, far worse than my lower back, I’m a tad apprehensive to say the least. However...I’m refusing to give in ? how’s everyone been? Love to you all xxxx

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tigermoth42 My friend fantastic to hear from you. Missed you a lot.

Sorry to hear about everything.  

All I can add wishing you well.. Sending prayers and hand of friendship.

Always here to listen..  

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tigermoth42

Welcome to our online community/family?

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with??

@steve51

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tigermoth42 welcome back to the community! I'm sorry to hear all that has happened this year, but I admire your positivity as to not giving in! I have been good thanks, how are you feeling today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tigermoth42 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Sorry that you have had a tough year.  I hope things get better for you and you enjoy being back on the Community again.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @tigermoth42          :) 

my Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome back to the Community. 

Well I thought only I was unlucky, that things like that only happened to me My goodness

It’s a wonder you are still standing, I am very glad all is ok now, I am also glad to hear that you managed to get your Mobility Car back splendid news indeed. but for the brake failure not so good.  

So, have you looked at the positive  sides to all this, you all survived. Things could have had such a different outcome. But you still have your family although a bit broken, you are still together how love conquers all.  I am of course very sorry about your Cat that’s a hard call to have to make .            

Please don’t feel I am being dismissive of all your issues you have been through, this is not the case, I think you are very brave and courageous to have carried on no matter what, many would have sunk but not you, you swam through it weathered the storm, you are a champion.

I wish you very well in your appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon.
    please let us know how you get on

Regards Connie
  • Tigermoth42
    @Connie00 thank you so so much for you lovely message, you’re so right, we’re all still here in spite of life’s trials and tribulations. I do try to put a positive spin on things, at least I didn’t crash the car when the brakes failed, my daughter could have been injured far more badly - or worse, I’m a firm believer in keeping a smile on my face and it uses less muscles which in turn means less wrinkles?. On a positive note (and I forgot whilst typing my woes) I’ve got a little part time job working from home, it’s a bit of a killer sitting at a computer but I’m 3 months in and they haven’t sacked me yet! I’m not quite on the scrapheap! Hope you’ve had a fab day and enjoy the rest of your week xxx
  • Tigermoth42
    @thespiceman hello my friend! Great to hear from you after a bit of a hiatus, how have things been with you? Sending much love x
  • Tigermoth42
    @steve51 thank you for your lovely message and offer of support/help, hope you’ve had a good day x
  • Tigermoth42
    @Ami2301 thank you too for your lovely message, I’ve managed to do a bit of work today, struggle with it to be honest but work from home opportunities aren’t that easy to come by so I’m hanging in there! How has your day been? X
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tigermoth42

No probs it’s my Pleasure ??

@steve51
  • Tigermoth42
    @Ails and a thank you to you too for your lovely message. I thought this year would be better than last but just goes to show how wrong you can be? never mind...onward and upward as they say, I refuse to give up just yet! Hope you’ve had a good day x
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    hi @Tigermoth42
    so very pleased to hear about your job that's very good news, well done.
    don't have to labour the point that were are all here for you. 

be lucky @Connie00
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @Tigermoth42.  What a shame.  Sometimes life is just unfair.  I hope this year is much better for you and good for you, onwards and upwards indeed!  :smiley:  Yes, my day has been fine, thanks.  I hope yours has been too.  x  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness