Hello, any room for a newbie? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, any room for a newbie?

2»

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
     understand that @Saffy :) I hope it goes okay! 
    Scope

• Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @Saffy  :) 

Hello My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I trust you are having a good day today

I suffer with Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis and FND (functional neurological disorder)

So, I live most of my days in pain, sometimes it gets the better of me, sometimes I’m not sure which one is playing up more, difficult to guess,

sorry to read about your accident, I hope your Physio works out for you. You have every right to ask your Dr again for an x-ray if you think its needed

Have a good day

@connie00   :) 

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Saffy

How are you feeling today????

Sorry to ask but have you had another session with your physio?????

Please please let me know if you need any further help/support with things as I am always here!!!!!!

@steve51
  • Saffy
    Saffy Community member Posts: 88 Courageous
    @steve51
    I had another session with my physio today.
    I was a bit nervous as I needed to tell him how rough he'd been the last time but didn't want to insult his professional integrity.
    It was ok as he asked how is been and I said I'd just about climbed down from the ceiling. I told him how touching the tender points around my neck had been agony.
    He explained the best thing for my neck pain was the deep muscle massage he'd given,  but that obviously wasn't possible if it was going to cause such pain.
    So for the moment I'm continuing with the neck exercises and will call him in 2 weeks to see where we go from there.
    TBH I think he knew of fibro but didn't really understand it and I feel he was apologising for that.
    So I'll just keep on with the exercises but sometimes they are just too painful to do.  It's like being between a rock and a hard place!

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Saffy

That sounds much better, I still only have to brush against mine & I am in real trouble. 

It was the Radiosurgery that created mine & it has never improved at all.

Please please let me know how things materialise if you don’t mind!!!!!!

@steve51

• Saffy
    Saffy Community member Posts: 88 Courageous
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Saffy, I'm so glad they were more understanding on Tuesday! That must have been a relief! I hope the exercises will help and that the physio continues to be more understanding :)

Thanks for updating us!

Scope

• brydiedwards
    brydiedwards Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    @Saffy Thanks for the update! Well done for discussing it with him, now hopefully he can offer more informed treatment for you and others with similar conditions. 

Brightness