Welcome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Welcome

weeemma88
weeemma88 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi all new members to Scope hoping you are all well and living life as best you can and enjoying the lovely sunshine ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @weeemma88 welcome to the community! I am doing OK thanks, how are you? Hope you are enjoying the lovely sunshine! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @weeemma88 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It is nice to meet you.  Doing fine, thanks.  I can't say the same for the weather as we are having thunderstorms in Scotland.  :neutral:  Hope you are basking in the sun.  If there is anything we can help you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • weeemma88
    Hi Ails thank for your kind words,at the time of writing it was sunny and warm then it all changed I got caught in the thunderstorms also,because live in Scotland as well hope you are keeping fine ?
  • weeemma88
    Hi Ami 2301 I'm fine thank weather here in Scotland has turned wintry,I'm using the code name weeemma 88 because thats my daughters name,my real name is Charlie,I am a male pensioner not in the best of health but taking each day as it comes,hope you are well.?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @weeemma88

Good Afternoon yes it was mad yesterday as we were hitting 30+ ??in temperature.

Mind you it’s much better today down here in the West Midlands.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if you need a hand ?? getting around???

@steve51
  • weeemma88
    Hi Steve 51 I'm fine thanks considering I stay in Scotland it would be a bit hard for you too assist me getting around,but thank you for that,I don't go out much because of my breathing problem but my wife is my carer and deserves a medal for everything she does,I'm in a debate just now with DWP over the disco of underpaid ESA,I have been on that since 2009 I don't understand why they says its from 2011 for back payments,I have lost out on thousands because of their mistake,I didn't and was not told I could claim disability premiums,I'm going to fight them till I get what I should have got.?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @weeemma88

Many thanks for your post/reply.

Yes I have got big problems getting out & about.

Here’s some info on our community with regards to there “ESA Underpayment’s”

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/51866/back-payment

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/56451/esa-backpayment

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/57415/esa-payment

@steve51
  • Ails
    Hi @weeemma88,
    You are welcome.  Nice to meet another fellow Scot on the Community.  Yes, the thunderstorm yesterday was awful wasn't it, it came from nowhere although the weather forecast did say we would get rain in Scotland?!  I hope you managed to drive off after being caught in it.  I watched it from my window, quite spectacular!  A bit sunnier here today though.  I am doing fine, thanks.  I  hope you are well too.  :smiley:
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @weeemma88 (or Charlie!) How are you doing?
    Let us know if you have any specific questions about the ESA underpayments issue! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • weeemma88
    Hi Adrian,hope you are well,yes I do have a query about ESA underpayments,I have sent the form back but,my main query is,why is there no mention of it being backdated to the year 2009 when I was taken off long term Incapacity Benefit and  put on CB ESA,I phoned about this and I was told I was not entitled too IB ESA and I didn't know or was told what other benefits and disability premiums I could claim, why is it not going back too that year !!
  • weeemma88
    Hi Ails sorry for the delay on replying,since you are in Scotland you will know what I mean when I say we had the 4 seasons in one day on Saturday,the weather was unbelievable but not surprised as we are used to getting days like that,weather today( Monday) is not short of the same again,really hoping for good weather in the 25th of this month wife and I and Daughter and Granddaughter heading for Blackpool for a week,fingers crossed lol hope all you guys on here are getting better weather than we are,take care all,and kind regards.?
  • Ails
    Hi @weeemma88, no need to apologise as just back on here today myself.  Yes, Scottish weather not the greatest and not used to brilliant Summer days here.  Wish it was better for us, although a wee bit better today at last.  :smile:  Oh Blackpool is great so I hope you and your family have a lovely time!  All the best.  :smiley:
  • weeemma88
    Hi all,I have read on social media that ESA underpayments will be paid back to the day of conversion from Incapacity Benefit,does they mean it will go back too the day I changed over in 2009, hope you all have had a stress free day,kind regards too all.?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @weeemma88, sorry for the slow reply, my notifications have been playing up.

If you were underpaid and are eligible for the backdating of the income based top up of ESA it will be backdated. I don't believe they are going as far back as 2009 though, perhaps @poppy123456 may be able to shed some light? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger

They are only backdating to November 2011.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • weeemma88
    Hi Poppy 124456 I read that the Secretary of State on the 14 July this year has told the DWP to backdate ESA to the date of conversion,which I believe is right, thousands of people lost out on money they were entitled too,fingers crossed for everyone involved in this.

Brightness