Photoshoot about UK funding cuts for individuals with disabilities — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Photoshoot about UK funding cuts for individuals with disabilities

bexday
bexday Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I hope you are well

My name is Bex Day and I am a 27 year old photographer from London some of my previous clients include Numero Berlin, Fendi, Levi’s, Wallpaper Magazine, Vogue Italia, Carven, Twin Magazine, American Apparel, Marta Jakubowski, AnOther (online), i-D Magazine (UK/DE), British Journal of Photography, Burberry, Adobe, Stella McCartney, Topshop, Dazed and Confused, T Magazine, and Vice (UK/US) to name a few. You can view my website here www.bexday.com

I have lectured about my work at Nicer Tuesdays (It’s Nice That), Cambridge University, The Hepworth Gallery, and the Vogue Italia 'The Female Gaze' 2016 and Masculinity Now 2018 exhibition, as well as displaying some of my work, and was nominated for the Magnum Graduate Award. I was also part of the '209 Women' exhibition at the Houses of Parliament supporting women in parliament. 

I just completed my first solo exhibition called Hen about the older transgender community in the UK and was featured on BBC Breakfast, Channel 4 News, Vogue Italia, Vice, i-D, It’s Nice That, Refinery29, Dazed and AnOther to name a few.

I am now working on a project for Riposte Magazine (http://www.ripostemagazine.com/) about UK politics, specifically disability funding cuts, I am seeking to photograph any individual with disabilities based in the UK that might be keen to share their story and allow me to photograph them, I am happy to travel to wherever they need me to go as long as it is in the UK

Please let me know if you can help in any way, you can email info@bexday.com if you are interested or have any questions, and I am happy to talk on the phone as well

Much appreciated

Many thanks

Bex 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @bexday and we wish you the very best of luck with your project!

The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team.  Posts on the Events, research and opportunities is the only board that permits the publishing of an email, contact number or survey link.  Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them. 

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.

Scope

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    good luck, but tbh i can't see anyone getting involved in the current climate, as anyone who does anything remotely public against the DWP will get a harder time, so putting a story and a face to something which could come back and bite you makes me think more than a few times, so thanks, but no thanks

• bexday
    bexday Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    zakblood said:
    good luck, but tbh i can't see anyone getting involved in the current climate, as anyone who does anything remotely public against the DWP will get a harder time, so putting a story and a face to something which could come back and bite you makes me think more than a few times, so thanks, but no thanks

It can be anonymous so names and stories don’t necessarily have to show, and I think it would be a great step to do this for the current climate 
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    not sure i'd be of much use then, as no longer disabled and not on the DWP pay list either, kicked off, and just joining the que for what ever comes next, either death as aged 52 or a long wait for retirement, and already been there once, so look forward to which ever comes first.

20 years in the system and i know it's broken, not fit for purpose, gets abused by so many and still lets loads down, who do need it, seems those smart enough to know how to get around it, find the system fine, and those who don't, well sorry you get nothing.

even those who are there to help get paid now days to keep there mouth shut

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/citizens-advice-signed-gagging-clause-in-return-for-share-of-51m-from-dwp/

so again good luck

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.