Hi, my name is nadinetisor! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nadinetisor!

Hello my name is Nadine I am 45 years old and have a disability I am looking for someone who I can talk to when I’m feeling down 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @nadinetisor and welcome to the community. We have a fantastic group of people here who you'll hopefully feel comfortable talking to.
    Would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself? :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ireana123
    Ireana123 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hi Nadie, welcome.
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @nadinetisor a warm welcome to the community.
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @nadinetisor    :

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us, there is always people on the community you can chat to, most off our Members have disabilities in one way or another, and know only to well what you are going through, loneliness and depression are common factors with disabilities.

If you can tell us about your disability, then people with the same disability will reach out to you, it’s a start   

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise wherever we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00   :) 

• nadinetisor
    nadinetisor Posts: 17 Listener
    Thank you Connie for replying I have cerybal pollsey I’ve had this disability from a baby life growing up with a physical disability hasn’t always been easy but I find away to manage but lately I’ve not been myself with dealing with depression there has been times where I’ve had and still having suicidal thoughts and I’ve also been in a relationship where I was treated badly I’ve also been a victim of online abuse by men so coming on here will help me because I know I can’t fight this on my own thank you for listening 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nadinetisor

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s on here.

Yes please please let me know what “help/support” that we can offer you????

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nadinetisor and welcome to the community! How are you feeling today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    Hi @nadinetisor

As a member of our community, you’re very important to us and if you are having suicidal thoughts, it's vital you get in touch with someone who is qualified to assist you.

Do you have a local support care team that you can reach out to or you can of course give the Samaritans a call on 116 123 (free) or if you prefer, email them at jo@samaritans.org

We can share the support link that MIND's information has on handling suicidal feelings and how you can help yourself address self-harming long-term which you might find really useful to you too.

Of course if you do feel like you might be a danger to yourself, don't hesitate to call 999 or head to your local hospital immediately. 

I have emailed you directly so please look out for the email. 

I know you say how you know you can’t deal with your feelings alone, but there are always people who care, we care, so please keep asking for help on our community and stay safe.

Best wishes

Debbie

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • Vixster89
    Vixster89 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Hi @nadinetisor,

I'm so sorry that you have suffered abuse online. I hope you will find some comfort and support in this community. Living with a disability is difficult enough. I hope when you need it, you will talk to us on here. Everyone is friendly and supportive, especially when someone needs help getting through the bad days. There are better days ahead for you.

Sending good thoughts your way,

Vicki :)
  • nadinetisor
    Thank you vicki in a way you right because it has and still is hard for me at the moment I am dealing with depression and I’m also having suicidal thoughts I’ve been on the brink of hurting myself I’ve even been thinking of killing myself I’m really struggling at the moment I hope I can get this difficult time 
  • Vixster89
    Vixster89 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    @nadinetisor

You absolutely can get through this! You've made the first step to recovering by opening up to someone about it. Can you speak to your doctor about maybe going on some medication to help treat your depression? There are alternatives, too, like counselling. Instead of self harming, you could try writing down your feelings on a piece of paper and ripping it up or you could scream into a pillow. Treatment is key in this and there are lots of different ways of getting the help and support you need. Please know that you are not alone in this and help is out there. Have a look at the email Debbie has sent you with relevant information on for you to seek help. You've got this!
  • nadinetisor
    Hi Debbie thank you for taking the time to read my message as you know I’ve been battling with depression and have been having suicidal thoughts nothing hasn’t changed much I’ve been struggling with depression now for 2 months the suicidal thoughts are still there but It still feels like I’m in a dark place and it feels like that I can’t find a way out sometimes I feel like ending it all but I have been of different ways of harming myself please can you give me the help and support that I need to get through this thank you 
  • nadinetisor
    Hi Steve I’ve been struggling with depression and having suicidal thoughts for 2 months now I’ve also been on the brink of killing myself now for quite a while I can’t find a way to bring myself out of it no matter how hard I try please can you help me thank you 
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    @nadinetisor Did you receive our email?  If you can read and respond to our email we will certainly see if we can support you.

Best wishes
    Debbie
    Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • nadinetisor
    Hi Debbie yes I did read your email thank you 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nadinetisor and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you. I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles, but you have done the right thing in reaching out to us.  Please be assured that you are not alone as everyone in the Community is here to support you.  I hope you are feeling a bit better about things and hope that you have reached out to the Community Team in their offer of support.  Please look after yourself and let us know how you are getting on.  We all understand the many difficulties that having a disability can bring, but with help things can improve.  All the best.
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • nadinetisor
    Hi thanks for listening to me at the moment I’ been feeling suicidal over past couple of days my mood has dropped again I’m really struggling at the moment 
  • Ails
    Hi @nadinetisor and no problem.  We are always here to listen and support you.  I'm sorry to hear that you are still struggling.  Have you replied to @Deb_Scope email?  The Community Team here may be able to offer you some support so please don't hesitate to reply to their offer.  Do you have any emotional support at home?  If you are feeling unsafe then please speak to your GP or as suggested before, you can call or email the Samaritans.  Support is out there and everyone on the Community is here to listen.  Please don't feel that you should struggle on with this yourself.  Look after yourself.  
  • nadinetisor
    yes I have replied to Debbies email I’m just waiting for her to get back to me 
  • Ails
    That's good then.  I'm glad and am sure she will be in touch with you asap.  Meantime, feel free to chat to us anytime.  We are all here for you.  Take care.

Brightness