hello, im new here - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hello, im new here

2»

Comments

• GamerGirl37
    GamerGirl37 Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
    Thank you! - I’m hoping to hear back from my case worker soon since I sent my evidence on a next day delivery, but until I know what’s going to happen I’m just looking for work and trying to keep a positive mind - and it’s nice to meet you Ali I shall look at that link soon 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @GamerGirl37.  Good luck!  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • GamerGirl37
    It’s really nice to be able to talk about things that have been bottled up for years , I don’t want anyone to be in trouble as it will cause more **** for me saying I’m liying ect . And going through life has never been easy hardly any friends and not being able to work out why I was different before I got the Diagnosis 
  • Ails
    Glad you can talk on here @GamerGirl37.  You will find that we are a friendly bunch and you will soon make some new friends on here I am sure.  Please let us know anytime if we can help you with anything.  All the best.  :smile:
  • GamerGirl37
    I would like some more subscribers got my YouTube channel if you wouldn’t mind? 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @GamerGirl37   Thank you for sharing. Please if we can help with anything please get in touch.

I use this forum to help my self and talk about anything. Every knows that talking is often a major start in healing with in.

I do understand hard difficult days.  Struggling.

I am one of the community champions on the forum. One thing have learnt. If I talk about my problems then some one else can resonate feel part of the problems. May have similar experiences.

Wishing to share and care have concern.  Something to consider. We are a community who are compassionate have empathy feel sensitivity.

Do have lists of organisations, associations connected with any thing you are dealing with.

Please ask we are a friendly community.

No one should be suffering. Be alone.

I hope that gives you a lot of reassurance to ask or how we  can help or be a listening ear.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • iheartbobbin
    iheartbobbin Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I’m new too ! Also new to being disabled and finding it all very confusing 
  • Panda70
    Panda70 Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    Hello @mrbuttons, hope you enjoy this group, loads of useful information ect, plus there's always someone to talk to, and hello to all new members x 
  • Ails
    Hi @iheartbobbin and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for joining us.  I can appreciate that suddenly finding yourself as disabled can seem very confusing and upsetting and many of our members will be in a similar situation to yourself and so can relate to what you are going through.  I was born with Spina Bifida so don't know any other life than being disabled myself, but I do often think that it must be really difficult in adjusting to a major life-change such as a new disability or illness.  Please be assured that the Community is here to support you and you will find many lovely, friendly people on here all willing to chat to you anytime.  If there is anything at all we can help/support you with then please just let us  know.  All the best.  :smile:
  • iheartbobbin
    Yer I had a major accident in May 2018 where I had a drop of 41 meters and after a year in several hospitals I’m now home . My home is NOT made for any disability. It’s a tiny studio flat on the first floor and local council known since dec2018 that it wasn’t suitable anymore and I’m still waiting... can’t fit my wheelchair through my front door and the hallway so it’s encouraged me to use my crutches more but with the crutches I can’t carry anything 
  • iheartbobbin
    Gone from running 10k’s and cycling 25’s to counting how many steps I’ve managed and no hope for going back to work to what I’ve done for 14 years as my back is bolted straight so struggle to sit and bend over so my days of being a mechanic are deffo behind my 
  • iheartbobbin
    Broke EVERYTHING in my lower body - few ribs , punctured lungs and lacerated liver , 4 vertebrae, two replacement hips , one replacement knee , pelvis in 8 pieces , thighs , both bones in both calves, both ankles both feet and 9 toes all broken 
  • iheartbobbin
    72 screws and 16 metal plates 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @iheartbobbin   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Thank you for sharing your story. Sorry to hear what you are going through.

We do understand have compassion, empathy and do listen. You are not alone and there are lots of new friends wishing you well.

Please I know it is difficult being disabled. I was born disabled and still struggle mentally.

Please is there anything you wish to know need to ask for. Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

You mentioned the difficulties with your home have you contacted any one to talk about this.

Some one like a local councillor.  Or if it is possible speak to some one in the Council offices.

You added struggling with carrying anything. I have this use on line shopping. Sign up and they deliver to your shopping to the Kitchen. 

Use TESCO or other supermarkets. Medications you get delivered on line.

Please if I can help or advise with anything suggestions please get in touch.  I also have a list of organisations and associations if you need to ask please do. Happy to give you any contacts.

Happy to be supportive.

You are a valued member of our community. We care and have concern and are friendly.

Pleasure to meet you. Keep warm and safe.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • naz786
    naz786 Community member Posts: 62 Connected
    Hi 10th oct 19 I sent my mr its 31st oct just today they have registered the mr on there system totally disgusted 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @naz786   Thank you for sharing.  Sorry to hear this.

I know must be annoying and frustrated for you. Many members are experiencing the same.

Please is there anything I can offer in support or a listening ear.?  No problem at all.

I am one of the community champions on the forum.

Always here to be supportive. Is there anything you wished to know.? 

Do you need any advice or guidance?.

Just a thought. Have care concern and compassion for our community members.

If I can help please get in touch.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness