Hi I'm new - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm new

13»

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, I can appreciate how difficult it is relating to people who are healthy and are working as sometimes I had friends who can't understand, even though they are really kind.  I'm sorry to hear that your advocate was stopped.  Have you got any chance of getting another one?  Yes, 3 weeks is a long time to be stuck indoors and yes, someone who is out all the time can't understand that.  
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Empowerment1981
    Empowerment1981 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    No support at the moment.  The service I mentioned that's 46 pounds per week got in touch today saying they hoping for me to meet their support workers soon. Will wipe me out but can't carry on in this isolation.

I used to think it was because the people were judging me . But now I understand if u haven't walked in someone's shoes relating can be tough.  

Going to bed now getting tired.  Being great chatting hope u sleep well. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh great to hear that you are going to receive some support from support workers.  Yes, worth the effort as you won't be isolated with them.  Ok, I hope you have a nice sleep and lovely chatting to you too.  Off to bed myself.  Good night.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Empowerment1981   Sorry to hear about every thing.

Please can I ask did you contact any one on the links .  I provided for you.

Just have care and concern you are suffering.

Please can I also add your Landlords provide a duty of care. If you signed a contract an agreement. 

Mentions costs in the contract then I am afraid that is wrong in my opinion.

Most Landlords if you consider looking at Housing Associations do not charge but include this in the rent as a service charge.

Just a minimum amount.

I would add consider talking to the contacts I provided for you.

I say this because support workers from mental health charities do fight for you and support whatever you need to deal with.

I am trying to give you some confidence and self esteem to move forward.

Be supportive have compassion and do understand.

Please think about speaking to some one my own Housing Association.

https://www.homegroup.org.uk.

I am sorry what you are going through.  Please can I add ask any questions anything you need to know or think you might not know the answer.

You have been speaking to my friend @Ails good to hear this. Amazing lady and very kind, and supportive.

Please keep in touch we are here to help. Think positive I am always here every day.

If I can help with anything.  Does not have to mental health.  Have a vast knowledge on lots of lifestyle and other things.

Even I do not know everything , contact members on laptops, anything electrical, services and so on.

Keep safe and warm.

You important to us the community.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Empowerment1981
    Empowerment1981 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Hi thespiceman

I did look at the links Thank you.  But I'm not in the areas they cover.  Also with fibromyalgia I find it difficult taking in large amounts of info and print. 

I'm in a rented property there aren't any housing association involved.  But do appreciate they provide lower costs.  

Thank you for your message and support. 
    Best wishes 
    Empowerment1981
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Empowerment1981   Thank you for reply.

I have friends on this forum who suffer the same as you. Just an idea write down any thing in a note book to use as reference.

Also I do myself have memory problems with addiction so do this as well.

We are here any time to listen be supportive.

Keep in touch.

Pleasure to meet you.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness