Hi, my name is shimmo! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is shimmo!

shimmo
shimmo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have severe COPD osteoporosis and heart problems i get contradictions from all my consultants feeling **** off to be honest take this pill dont take that pill who the hell do we believe in these days sorry its a moan but thats how i feel right now 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @shimmo   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this you having some problems. I do understand you have come to the right place.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help members who join our community.

Please can I suggest might be worth looking at these organisations to help and to reassure you.

I have mental illness know need to find out what I can deal with and cope. With looking at additional support and advice to deal with what I have.

Doctors, consultants always difficult but if you have a knowledge some expertise of your own conditions. Need to know anything I do this, consult the net.

Make notes then I know anything. Which to discuss with the consultants.

I would also add try to get some one with you to attend whether a family member or find an advocate.

Use NHS website.  To find any advocate. Can represent you speak on your behalf might be something to look at.

I use one for mental health issues.

The following may be of use to you.

National Osteoporosis Society deal with Osteoarthritis .

Help line 0808 800 0035

British Heart Foundation.

https://www.bhf.org.uk.

Please have a look at any of those. Please ask if we help with any thing. Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please have a look at our website, we are friendly.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @shimmo. I'm sorry you're getting so much contradicting advice from your doctors. I know how frustrating that can be. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to support you. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shimmo welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I know what you mean about doctors telling you different information and this can be very confusing and annoying.  The Community is here to support you so please feel free to talk to us anytime as there will always be someone to listen.  If there is anything we can help you with at all then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness