Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, my name is Jan58!

Jan58Jan58 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, looking for some help . My husband has moderate to severe m e.  15 years down the line and we are struggling to get help.  My husband is 90% housebound with a gp who isn't interested. Have written a letter to the practice manager today and looking for support .   


  • TwistedSistaTwistedSista Member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hi Jan58,Do you have any social (adult)service involvement or occupational health/physio for your husband,they can be a mine of information regarding assistance within the home as well as support centres/groups from the community to give you some respite even just for a couple of hours.You can refer your husband yourself with adult services through your local authority,get them to access as much help as you can.I hope that this will help you a little.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 10,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jan58 - Welcome to this community. I'm so very sorry to read about your husband's problems, & your GP's lack of support. Might you look at seeing another GP in the practice, if that's available, or look to move to another practice to find a more understanding GP?
    @TwistedSista has given great advice. You can apply for a needs assessment by social services here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-needs-assessment-social-services
    Please know that you now belong to a very supportive community, & that others may join in to give additional advice too.

Sign in or join us to comment.