Hi, my name is brujah81! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is brujah81!

brujah81
brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
Hiya my name is Kelly, I am 38 years old I live on the South Coast. I enjoy tapestries and using computers.

Comments

• Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi Kelly and welcome to the Community. Thank you for your post. It's so impressive that tapestry is a hobby of yours! Are you able to tell us more about it?

Han
  • brujah81
    I do them on frames, they are similar to cross stitch except they are done with wool; they take me a long time as I have fibromyalgia, EDS, ME, Neuropathy etc and don’t have much feeling or use of my hands 
  • Han_
    Wow that's amazing! You're really talented. Thank you so much for sharing. I would love to see me if you're will to share!
  • brujah81
    Sure that would be great
  • Han_
    Sorry about my typo. I was supposed to say that I would love to see more if you're willing to share!
  • brujah81
    I live with my husband and my kitty called Junior who is about a year and a half old; he is my baby. 
  • Han_
    Junior is beautiful! I absolutely love cats. Did you crochet the blanket?
  • brujah81
    I can’t crochet but my husbands aunt did it for us
  • Han_
    brujah81 said:
    I can’t crochet but my husbands aunt did it for us
    Lovely! Seems as though it has Junior's approval!

How are you today?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @brujah81 - Welcome to the community, Kelly. Just came to say I have EDS + neuropathic pain due to Chiari 1 Malformation, so understand a little about the problems you're facing. Thank you for your photos; your tapestry is great & I happen to love elephants! Junior looks lovely too! I have a kitten called Shadow. We share photos of our pets in the 'Coffee Lounge' here, & that's also were people share about their hobbies & crafts. Here's a link to the one for pets (Shadow's photo is also there). See: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/66308/hi-everyone-lets-see-a-picture-of-your-fur-babies-️or-pets#latest

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Your tapestry is wonderful, @brujah81.  You clearly have a great talent for it.  Junior is beautiful.  I too have a cat called Christy, who is spoilt rotten!  I look forward to seeing more of your work on here as it is fabulous!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • brujah81
    Thank you, i have found out a fair few of my previous tapestries

• Ails
    Hi @brujah81, your tapestries are simply amazing!  I really love the giraffe!  How long does it take you to do one?  I would love to be talented like that!  I enjoy knitting and arts and crafts, although not brilliant at them, but I try!  :smiley:
  • brujah81
    I go to a local craft group on tuesdays between 10am till 3pm.. it takes about 6-7 months to do a tapestry mainly as i have neuropathy in my hands.. i am sure that it would take an able bodied person alot faster.. you can buy kits on amazon.. i recommend the ones by Collection D'arts as they have everything in the kit including the needles.. I would recommend personally using a frame as it holds straight for you.

• brujah81
    edited December 2019
    I am doing this one the moment.. its quite complicated what with the pattern around the edges

• Ails
    Oh that's fab you are a member of a local craft group, @brujah81.  Your work is wonderful!  I go to a local knitting group and I really enjoy it.  I like the one you are doing at the moment too and yes, Amazon is great for craft kits.  I got my card making kit there and a diamond painting kit there too, which I love doing!  Thanks for the info on tapestry and for sharing your wonderful work.  I look forward to seeing more of it and if you wish to show us any more, many of our members also post pics on the Kaleidoscope part of the forum where they also exhibit their crafts.  Good luck with your current tapestry!  :smiley:
  • brujah81
    @Han_ Not doing too bad today.. just getting over a chest infection as is my husband.. my family are putting alot of stress on us both at the moment which we could both do without.. i feel like i could do without it

@ails Junior is spoilt more than i can ever describe.. i couldnt cope without him.. and my husband of course!! i will look for the Kaleidoscope part of the forum shortly and post some of the photos

Kelly.

• Ails
    Sorry to hear that you and your husband have had chest infections, @brujah81.  I hope you are feeling better now.  Yes, I think we all spoil our pets as they are great members of our families.  I look forward to seeing more of your work on Kaleidoscope.  Have a lovely evening!  :smiley:
  • brujah81
    @Ails thank you very much.. sometimes i swear our pets are the only ones who understand us!! I hope you have a lovely evening too :smiley:
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    These all look great @brujah81. I hope you're feeling better soon! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness