Hi, my name is reb123! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is reb123!

Options
reb123
reb123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Never heard of this site, although I do know of Scope. Wondered if this is fate! Been having terrible problems with the Adult Social Care saying things have changed fundingwise and they are going to cut my PA hours. This is already a bad and lonely time of year for me and now dreading the post every day! So distressing! 

Comments

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @reb123  ,  a warm welcome to the community. I’m so sorry to hear of your troubles. Know that we are all here should you need our support or the support of the Scope team.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope. Sadly this seems to be a regular thing with local councils because of lack of funds. They seem to be either cutting hours or asking people to pay more towards the cost of their care/support.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @reb123 - I'd just like to welcome you to this online community, which I've found helpful, supportive & friendly. Must admit, I was like you; knew about Scope, but had no idea they had such a great online community.
    You are now part of this community, & however bad you think things might be, you're not alone, & this community will always offer support, & kindness.
  • reb123
    Options
    Thank you all. Very kind and supportive comments.
    I have felt absolutely wretched these last few weeks as have had three visits and after the second one I received a PIP review - and we all know how hard they are. I am waiting for that outcome as well. And it's Christmas time!!!
    I am widowed, have no children or family and obviously have disability - which has a degenerative element, so I need the support of my PA mentally as well as helping with physical tasks. We are people, not just a tick box exercise to reduce costs! I've worked all my life until recently and on top of everything I am a WASPI so should have retired nearly 4 years ago but have another 2 years to go before I can at least get my State Pension which will stop one assessment out of three (ESA)! 
    Rant over for now! I'm not normally like this as I usually read comments and show support. Thanks for the welcome.
    Nite all and God bless

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you are waiting for a PIP decision then you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. You'll still have to wait for the decision of course but at least you'll have some idea.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @reb123 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Really sorry to hear of your struggles and I hope everything gets sorted for you.  Please feel free to chat to us anytime as we are all hear to support you and everyone is lovely and friendly on here.  Please keep in touch also and let us know how you are getting on.  I look forward to seeing you on here and I hope you enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • reb123
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely welcome! I appreciate your comments.  I am trying to relax but I spend a lot of time alone and although I keep myself occupied as best I can and also enjoy good films etc., the decision is still hanging over me! Thanks again. ?
  • Ails
    Options
    You are very welcome, @reb123.  That is what we are here for so please chat to us anytime.  I can only imagine that it must be quite stressful having the decision hanging over you and many of us have experienced waiting on such decisions also.  I am glad to hear that you are relaxing and keeping yourself occupied.  Enjoying films is a great way to relax.  What kind of films do you enjoy?  Are there any other hobbies you have?  I enjoy doing arts and crafts and find it lifts my spirits somewhat.  However, you can't beat a good film to cheer you up!  :smile:
  • reb123
    Options
    Thank you.  Yes, it feels like a Cleaver hanging over me! My PA means so much to me. As of  course so does my PIP.
    I watch all sorts, I do like a good thriller or comedy. Also watching a fair few Xmas films at the moment. I love music. It is difficult but I belong to a community choir that practices in the day - still hard to get motivated and get there and even to sing sometimes as pain and tiredness but I try. I swim when I can go with someone - PA preferably - as My osteopath said only thing that can help keep me flexible. I get too nervous to go out alone even to meet friends and I am so tired and worn out all the time  - it is so hard but I still have a little fight left in me! It is getting less however! I have a beloved staffie who is my best friend and companion.
    Regrettably I'm not very good at crafts etc - wish I was ?. 

• Ails
    Options
    Yes, I can appreciate how much it all means to you and your PA sound great!  I too like a good thriller and comedy and there are a lot of good Christmas films on just now - so enjoy!  Oh that is fantastic that you are in a community choir and great that you manage to get there and swim too.  I can't sing for toffee, lol, but always think it must be amazing being part of a community choir.  I have a friend who is in one and loves it!  Yes, swimming is a great form of exercise.  I used to swim years ago before my hip replacement, but find it too awkward now and still miss it.  I have found Tai Chi instead and really enjoy it.  I am not great at crafts either, but I enjoy making my cards.  Some members on here make amazing crafts and post photos on the forum.  

Yes, you are quite right to still have fight in you and I am sure this will continue!  I am like that too and try to keep as active as I can.  

Staffies are lovely dogs.  What is his/her name?  I have a cat called Christy, but I have had Dalmatian dogs in the past.  Pets are great company and so therapeutic, aren't they?  They never let you down!  :smile:

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome @reb123. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness