Hello everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone

paddygirl
paddygirl Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all
My name is Emma and i am 45 years old. I have joined to have a chat and get some advice on the ongoing struggles of PIP.  I dont want to be bore so early on lol.
I do work but i get PIP for MS. Currently going through MR as lost the moving around element and lost my blue badge.

I have 2 daughters. My eldest gets PIP for mental health and there was no issues for her getting PIP.

My youngest has been getting DLA for 7 years but as now 16 we had to apply for PIP. 6 months later turned down last week and the assessors report is full of untruths!! So shocked by the whole thing but am fighting. Hope you guys have a lovely christmas
Xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

For the most recent PIP decision refusal you have 1 month from that date to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think the points should have be scored and your reasons why, adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time that activity was attempted for each descriptor that applies.

You should avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP/Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same so a Tribunal is most likely and appearing in person will give the best chance of a decision in their favour. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,666 Scope online community team
    It's good to meet you @paddygirl. I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your PIP and I hope Poppy's advice has been useful. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paddygirl and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I hope you get your PIP claim sorted out and sorry to hear you are having such trouble with it.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.  If there is anything further we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness