Hi, my name is KeithM! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is KeithM!

Options
KeithM
KeithM Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I live in Kent, I am 80+

Comments

• KeithM
    Options
    Its difficult to know how to start this off
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @KeithM  , a warm welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us.
  • KeithM
    Options
    Thank you so much Emma? I am looking forward to this new experience

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others. Please take a look around the forum and if you have any questions, then i'm sure someone will help and advise you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KeithM
    Options
    Thank you poppy, feeling my way around at this stage, I appreciate your offer of advice and help

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    @KeithM No worries. Just let us know if you need anything.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @KeithM - Welcome to this helpful & supportive community, I do hope you enjoy being with us all. As Poppy says, do have a look around the forum, perhaps using the 'All groups' link near the top of this page on the right-hand side. Please also do chat here too....you might even tell us a little bit more about yourself!
    I live in North Yorkshire, & it's been quite a nice day here; so mild I've been pottering in the garden tidying up a bit this afternoon. I live on my own, apart from my kitten, but my son & daughter-in-law live close by. My daughter, her husband, & my 3 granddaughters are coming to see us all tomorrow....so I'll be cooking for 8 instead of one!
  • KeithM
    Options
    How lovely to learn some things about your background, I am far from you, down in Kent, I too live on my own apart from my dog and countless fish. I love gardening but went for a scan, nothing serious. My son and daughter live 60 miles from me.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @KeithM - I thought it only fair to say a little bit about myself when I was asking you to do the same! It's good to see you're finding your way around & chatting to others;  so you're helping already, thank you. This sort of interaction is what helps this community, where people do genuinely care about each other, & share any problems.
    I only have a small garden....well it's got some raised beds; one for herbs, one for flowers & 2 for vegetables, & lots of containers. I have a great joiner, & I think he now quite likes the challenges I throw at him, so at the beginning of the year he made me a small greenhouse adjoining my small shed! Managed to get 9 tomato plants in it, as well as some outside.
    You might also like to look at the 'Coffee lounge' here, where people talk about their hobbies & interests. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge
    We also share photos of our pets there, & I know another member, 'Franstrahan', who is often here also has fish. See: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/66308/hi-everyone-lets-see-a-picture-of-your-fur-babies-️or-pets#latest  This is the 2nd page of photos; at the bottom of the page you'll see arrows, one will take you back to the 1st page. It would be nice to see a photo of your dog; my kitten, Shadow is there too.

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @KeithM :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,971 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great to have you with us @KeithM. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness