Hi, my name is Broken_Artist! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Broken_Artist!

Broken_Artist
Broken_Artist Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I am the broken Artist I suddenly fell ill in February of 2019 with sever pain all across my abdominal region. This has left me unable to carry on with my normal life. I have now FINALLY got a diagnosis of Small fiber neuropathy which sounds very scary. I have amazing help from my mum and support from close family and friends. 

Comments

• Sorry_Susan
    Sorry_Susan Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Hello @Broker_Artist
    glad you listened to my nagging and joined!
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Broken_Artist - Welcome to the community, even tho you were nagged into joining us all! It's sometimes more scary knowing something's wrong, but not having a diagnosis. I'm sorry to read this has been so debilitating, but great you have such a supportive family.
    Please look around this forum & join in with the discussions, chat further here, or do both! :)
  • Broken_Artist
    Thanks @Chris_Scope for the message. The nagging wasn't too bad and once my mum ( @Sorry_Susan) told me about all the advice and support I figured it might be worth trying it out. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Well thankfully your Mum didn't put you off.....sometimes us mums know a thing or too, & this community is a lovely group of people. Hope you enjoy 'trying' us out! :)
  • Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    hi Broken_Artist
    Welcome!. As Chiarieds has said it’s great to have support from your family. It’s so important to have support wherever you can find it and with this forum you find like minded people who are possibly going through similar situations who you can relate to and they can relate to you.  This is also a great site for advice an information with great people on it.
  • Rifi7
    Broken_ Artist are you an artist?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    A very warm welcome to the community @Broken_Artist
    Scope

• Broken_Artist
    Hi @Rifi7 I am an artist but I have worked mainly in clay until I became 'ill' so in trying to find new ways to create art 
  • Rifi7
    Hi Broken_Artist.  I also was am a artist and was a curator.  I used to sculpt but can longer do it but like you I try new ways to create art.  I try to draw when I can but when you work with your hands sculpting as a artist you don’t get as much enjoyment. I’m trying to look at other things I can do but it’s quite limiting
  • Broken_Artist
    @Rifi7 Yeah it's hard not to sculpt anymore it's one of the things I really miss the most, I have started sewing and cross stitch which is fun and it keeps my hands busy which eases the pain of not being able to sculpt. Sewing and making things like that is a great thing for me as I get back into my creative zone where I can do it for hours and hours on end and get a really great piece of art at the end. It's sort of zen like in a way 
  • Rifi7
    Hi Broken_Artist
    A few people on the forum suggested cross stitch but I’m not sure if I get into that. I have no patient. I need to try to find another craft. I was looking into jewellery making but I’m not keen on the jewellery kits. There’s no pleasing me!
  • Broken_Artist
    Hi @Rifi7 finding a new craft is hard I think you just have to try lots of different things until you find something that you can do and you enjoy. It's not easy I'm still looking myself 

Brightness