hi my name is mazzer73 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hi my name is mazzer73

mazzer73
mazzer73 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have dissabilities as does my husband and our children/young adults 9,17.18.20 so its a constant ever changing mine field for me that I am hoping from time to time I can get help and advice on where I stand what to do etc as I am the only one able to try and sort it all its very very stressful so hoping being able to get some advice and help will ease things just a little i have fybromyalgia,bipolar,chronic fatigue etc....

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others. Do you have any questions you'd like to ask?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mazzer73
    hi think you may have answered but was not sure on the answer currently get sdp couples rate all in household dissabled so get carers for two kids also... if eldest who we dont claim carers for loses pip on renewal  will class him as a non dependant he is 20 goes uni but stays here holidays weekends so this would still be classed as his home more than likely so guessing we would both lose our sdp but would this trigger a move onto utc also
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    This is the thread i answered your question on here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/68355/losing-sdp-possiblility#latest

Your question wasn't explained clear enough for me to advise you correctly based on the information you gave here. We can only give the advice based on the question given.

To answer your question, if your son's home is classed as living with you, rather than in uni then yes, you would all lose the SDP if he wasn't awarded PIP on renewal.

It will not prompt a move to UC.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Also im assuming your son is claiming ESA, if so then all of his ESA maybe affected if he's not awarded PIP because full time students can only claim benefits under certain circumstances.
  • mazzer73
    no he doesnt get esa as we was on income support as carers instead
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @mazzer73! It's great to have you here. Please do let us know if we can do anything else to support you.
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mazzer73 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear of you and your family's health struggles and can only imagine how stressful things are for you.  The Community is here to support you and offer friendship so please feel free to chat to us anytime as there will always be someone here to listen.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and find being on the forum helpful to you.  If there is anything at all you need help/support with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mazzer73

Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon ?

I do hope that you are a bit more happier with things???

Please please let me know if you are still unsure with things???

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome @mazzer73. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness