Hi, my name is cowd! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is cowd!

Options
cowd
cowd Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all. Just wanting to find out more in started as bad and slowly got worse. I’m bed bound now got about 17 hrs a day. I used to work 17 hrs a day. Big change

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cowd and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles.  Is there anything specific which we can help you with?  You will find lots of support and friendship on here so please don't hesitate to ask if we can be of any further help to you.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cowd - Thank you for joining this great community. I've got a genetic disorder called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I have hypermobile joints which means they have caused generalised osteoarthrosis over the years. This has resulted in a change in my lifestyle, which I'm sure you will find the case with others here too. It's not easy adapting, but we need to find ways to 'cope.'
    I'm very sorry your change has been more dramatic, so you're now bed bound.
    People here in this community try to help each other with the many various disorders we have, as we often find we have much in common; perhaps lack of mobility, pain & other issues.
    As Ails says, please do say if there's anything we can help you with; there's often another here that may be able to help/advise.
    In what way do you want to find out more?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cowd

Welcome it’s great to meet you this morning.

I am one off a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know what you are looking for ??????

@steve51
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cowd and a very warm welcome to the community, it's great to have you with us!

How are you doing today? I imagine it's hard to look back at the past, is there anything we can do to help?
    Scope

Brightness