Hi, my name is Carer4sis! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Carer4sis!

Carer4sis
Carer4sis Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone, my first name is Kenneth, I have to care for my sister who suffers from bad attacks of vertigo so bad at times she has gone semi unconscious. I am her carer 24/7 and have to do 95% of the things that are essential as well as fit in a bit of time for myself which is cycling. I am what they call Jack of all trades, master of none. Its ironic really, way back in the 90's I cared for mum 24/7 now I am doing the same for my sister, and me at 71 years old that is some going.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Carer4sis

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if you need any help getting around??

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Carer4sis Welcome to the community I am one of the community champions on here. It must be hard for you to find time for yourself being your sisters carer but also rewarding knowing you give someone the care they need. If there is anything we can help you with don't hesitate to ask  
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    A warm welcome to the community @Carer4sis
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Carer4sis - Kenneth - and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  You do wonderful work in caring for your sister and having cared for your mum too.  You sound like a really active person and glad to hear that you keep up your cycling which I'm sure you really enjoy.  If there is anything at all we can help/support you with then you only just have to ask.  I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Carer4sis! I hope you find the community welcoming. It sounds like it can be tough to look after your sister. Is there anything we can do to help?
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Carer4sis - I'd also like to welcome you to this supportive & friendly community, Kenneth. Thank you for joining & saying about yourself & sister. It's great to read how you care for her, as you did your Mum. If you have any questions, please do ask, or let us know if we can help to support you in any way.
    I don't know if you've come across it, but there's also a Carers charity, which you might also find helpful. See: https://www.carersuk.org/  Take care, & chat here any time. :)

Brightness