Hi, my name is confused62! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is confused62!

confused62
confused62 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm robbie I've been on ESA for 6 yrs I've had 3 assessments but first 2 were not face to face,the 3rd one was but the health professional come to my home ,that was 3 wks ago,I've never had a decision letter from the dwp in all the time I been on esa I only ever get a letter fro the jobcentre plus just before April telling me what I'm entitled to,I been waiting once again for a decision letter from dwp and what comes through post again a letter from jobcentre plus, telling me how much I'm entitled to from april this year,again I dont know if this is there way of saying you have passed your assessment, or have I still got to wait for the dwp to send that letter? Even though in 6 years I've never had a letter from the DWP, can anyone advice me 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

The letter you recently received was most likely the yearly benefit increase letter that everyone receives around this time of year. I received mine on Friday.

For your work capability previous assessments, you most likely did receive a decision letter but they're not what you would expect a decision letter to be like. Usually they contain very little information, especially if you've been in a group for quite sometime.

Regarding your most recent assessment. There's no timescales for decisions and backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer for that decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @confused62 - Welcome to the community, & I'm pleased you've joined, as Poppy has been able to advise you. Please let us know how you get on.
  • confused62
    confused62 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much for your response poppy ,the other thing that was different about this assessment was the previous 2 I had an assessment form sent to me to fill out,which would decide if I had to have a face to face assessment,but this time I never had one all I got was a letter telling me a health professional would be visiting my home on a particular day and time,the last time I'd had an assessment form to fill out was actually 3 yrs ago,in that 3 years alot has changed including my doctors ,the health professional who visited me said she was an actual doctor working for the dwp,on home visits,I asked her if she had my medical records and doctors and she said no the only information she had was from 3 years ago,I found this very strange,she was only here 15 mins at tops i suffer very badly with depression and anxiety, i rarely leave my home i shake and stutter very badly when my anxiety kicks in ,this happend when she arrived,i allso consider suicide at times because of how low i get,this health professional or doctor had no idea or any fact on me what so ever,I feel the dwp have just done this assessment of the cuff I just feel something isnt right how they have carried out this assessment on me this time round 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community, I agree this does seem out of the normal for a reassessment as you say it is normal to complete the review form first before having the assessment. 

Have you contacted anyone to ask the reasons for this ? as they are the only ones really who can answer the question
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @confused62 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I hope you have found the above information from members to be helpful.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness