Are you having difficulty accessing shopping and other essentials? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are you having difficulty accessing shopping and other essentials?

Chloe_Scope
Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
edited September 2020 in Research and opportunities

Have you not been able too get food? Or is medication harder to get hold of?

Scope are looking at doing a media story to raise awareness of the difficulties people are having accessing shopping and other essentials.

Please feel free to share your story and email the press office (pressoffice@scope.org.uk) if you'd like to take part.
Scope

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    What do I need to do?
  • barry47
    barry47 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Yes had to go to the pharmacy today cause the medication I picked up on Saturday was wrong dosage. I phoned the docs yesterday to sort it out and I rang them today they told me it was sorted. So I went back to the pharmacy only to be told won't be ready till tomorrow I went mad. So funny enough got my medication then they asked if they could have my number so next time it's ready they'll let me know. So I asked well can I have it delivered cause with my health I shouldn't be out. The reply was no we don't deliver to new patients.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @barry47   Pleased to meet you.

Sorry to hear this.

Please set up a Patients Access Account through your surgery, I use this.

Means get deliveries to your home when medications available, or access on line website companies post your meds to you.

Usually two days Pharmacy delivery .

Through surgery and Doctors, I have been sent information concerning this.

Must apply early for meds as many whom used to visit Pharmacy or Chemist numbers now over whelmed.

By requests for delivery.

I would advise that.

Also useful setting up website means can apply appointments or keep in touch surgery anything inform you.

Good can access your medical records if need to for PIP or other benefits.

Please if I can help further please do ask.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.