Hi, my name is irishman! Sciatica & PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is irishman! Sciatica & PIP

Options
irishman
irishman Community member Posts: 13 Connected
i have had serve sciatica which has been on going since October. October to Xmas eve was bearable and i could work but it took me like a hour or 2 too warm up before it wasn't sore unless i sat down and had to redo the cycle again.  

On new years day it was like hell on earth the pain in my leg was horrible, id rather cut my leg off it was that painful, i wouldn't wish it on my enemy! fast forward to today i am now on 40mg per hour of morphine patches x2 of 20s, along with 600mg of pregabalin, and  the stomach tablet every morning and the wee orange tablet i cant remember at the min, then at night time amitriptyline 2 25mg. i slept on the sofa from december to march because it was more firmer until i bought a new bed and was able to walk up stairs without it feeling like a mountain!

im awaiting back surgery some day after all this covid-19 is over. im only 29 too!

i had a assessment not long ago, and i got my letter back saying i have been approved for normal rate for daily living and the enhanced part of the motability, im completely new to all this so any help would be gratefully appreciated!

sorry for the long message but had to tell use my story

irishman 

Comments

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Options
    @irishman thank you for sharing your story with the community. I think it's good to share your experiences with others, as it can help them alot. I'm Tammy one of the volunteer community champions here on the site, it's nice to meet you. I hope you are able to get the help you need as soon as possible.
    Take care. 
    Tammy ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @irishman - Welcome to the community. Thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. In what way may we be able to help you? :)
  • irishman
    Options
    Hi Tammy and chiarieds.

im new to the whloe pip scene what can I do or what, the amount of medication I’m on and I’m still in a lot of pain.

my paid radiates down my left buttocks and into my hamstring, calf and into my ankle, it’s a horrible pain only people who have this know what it’s like.

i have heard people saying to me you can’t be in that much pain my mum gets it sometimes and she doesn’t go on like you! I was like well I’m not being cheeky here but I have it every single day and I wish I had it every so often like your mum! 

Sorry again to the rant I’m glad I can across this site, because I have been lonely, because people don’t understand the effort to put socks on in the morning?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @irishman - I have different problems, but, like many members here, I live with daily chronic pain. So you will find a lot of understanding here. It's a really good community, & we support & care for each other through all the different problems we face. Many feel lonely too, probably even more so due to the current situation, & we find this a good place to reach out & talk.
    Please have a look around the forum & join in with the discussions, & do chat or rant here any time, as there's usually someone here. I'm sorry you're in so much pain, but don't feel alone, you're part of this friendly & supportive community now. :)
  • irishman
    Options
    hi @chiarieds

thank you for your messages, and yes i will be looking around and chatting to other members.

its good to have others that no the pain and wont be judged my ones who dont understand the pain we are in everyday

irish man :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Good to have you here @chiarieds.
    No need to apologise for ranting. The community's a safe spot and many of our members are in a similar boat to you. They'll get it!
    Please stick around and don't be shy about getting stuck in with our recent discussions.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @irishman and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain.  Sciatica is a horrible thing to have to go through, I know some people who have it also and realise it can't be easy.  Please rant all you want on here as that is what the Community is for.  We all care and share with each other on here so please chat to us anytime as there will always be someone on here to listen. 

It is a very difficult time we are all going through just now, but you are amongst friends here and never alone.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on and if we can be of any help/support at all then you only just have to ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness