Vinyl Night — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vinyl Night

Stayce
Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
I recently went to a vinyl night where everyone brings a vinyl album to play (their favourite) - Thought this is something we could do here on the community - What is your faviourite album? What would you bring to play on the turntable?

I am bringing Paul Weller - Stanley Road

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I love this! 

I would bring The Stone Roses by The Stone Roses! 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Stayce
    edited January 2017
     Great choice Sam

Looks like we are up at the turntable again - So am going to put on Madness - Wonderful. Feat. Ian Dury last track recorded.

who's up next?
  • rockchick
    rockchick Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    anything beatles
  • Singlemania
    Singlemania Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I’m more Prog Rock myself.  
  • Stayce
    Hi @Singlemania

Which artists or prog rock bands do you like? I’m currently listening to Planet Rock whilst trying to do my physio ?
  • Singlemania
    Singlemania Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Stayce sorry for being slow to respond. I have been unwell for over a week and haven’t caught up with things. I like Planet Rock too. I like a broad range of music and I’m listening at the moment to a few Hawkwind LPs. Recently I have also listened to Genesis, Barclay James Harvest, Focus, Pallas, Marillion to name a few. I was lucky to see Hawkwind live at a HRH Prog festival in London last year. Can’t leave the house now so I’m listening to a lot of music and cataloguing my collection so I don’t buy the same music twice lol ? 
  • Stayce
    Hi @Singlemania

I do hope you are feeling better. They are all awesome artists ?. Last artist I saw live before lockdown was Samantha Fish (Blues rock artist from Missouri) - she was great. Yeah me too. Great idea about cataloging. I have to confess I have bought things twice a couple of times in the past (so totally know where you are coming from) ?

stay safe 

Best
  • Stayce
    Hi @Singlemania

Meant to say also what do you think to the songs trending during lockdown. Rolling Stones Living in a Ghost Town and Bob Dylan’s Murder Most Foul. I hear something new in these each time I listen

Ive also found myself revisiting artists - Rodriguez (/Searching for Sugar Man) and Black Sabbath to name a few.

Any you would recommend? 

Best

Brightness