Hi, my name is kelly — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kelly

kellyb21
kellyb21 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hello everyone how are you all?  :)

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @kellyb21.
    I'm doing alright. What about yourself? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kellyb21
    I'm getting there thanks, been suffering from panic attacks recently they are horrible  :'(
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @kellyb21 I'm sorry to hear about your panic attacks, they really are awful! Please let us know if you need anything :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    That's pretty rough. Is this the first time you've had them or have they just returned?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kellyb21
    Yes my first time taking them very fighting thought I was dying ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    edited April 2020
    They are pretty terrifying @kellyb21. Do you have any idea what brought them on?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kellyb21 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It's nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear you have been taking panic attacks lately.  I can only imagine that these must be very scary for you.  I hope these pass soon and you don't suffer any more.  These uncertain times are very frightening for everyone so hope you are doing ok all through this.  Please chat to us anytime as we are a very supportive and friendly bunch of people.  I hope you enjoy your time with us on here and I look forward to seeing you around.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • kellyb21
    Adrian_Scope I have a lot going on just now with all the time on my hands just now I'm thinking about everything more then it brings on the panic attacks, the first 1 I took I collapsed on floor I genuinely thought I was dying ?

• kellyb21
    Ails thank you for your lovely message ? I'm feeling a bit better today thanks, how are you keeping? These uncertain times is challenging for all but because I suffer with depression and anxiety disorder it brings everything to the surface plus I worry a lot that's what brings on the panic attacks, I really don't wish them on my worst enemy ? how are you keeping through it all? Xx

• Ails
    Hi @kellyb21, sorry to hear you suffer from depression and anxiety disorder and can only imagine how difficult this must be at times for you.  It is a very worrying time, indeed.  I am doing ok, thanks.  Just trying to keep busy through lock-down.  Going out in the sun in my garden helps somewhat and I enjoy playing with my cat as she keeps my spirits up too.  Have you got any hobbies or interests which keep you going at the moment?  :smile:
  • kellyb21
    Hi @Ails it is hard but like yourself I try to keep myself busy! I have a little girl she's 5 so she keeps me busy out in garden,painting,home schooling,baking the list goes on ? I also have a little dog so we take her walks so my days get filled ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    kellyb21 said:
    Adrian_Scope I have a lot going on just now with all the time on my hands just now I'm thinking about everything more then it brings on the panic attacks, the first 1 I took I collapsed on floor I genuinely thought I was dying ?

It's always about finding a fine balance, I think. Too much time and there's too much room to think, but if you don't have enough, that can also be a bit overwhelming.

I'm glad you've at least got ways to keep things ticking over. How have you found the homeschooling?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Hi @kellyb21, that's lovely that you have a wee girl and you have been doing lots with her.  I bet she loves the painting and baking!  Dogs are great at getting us out walking in the fresh air too.  It's really nice to see the sun out these days!  Have a lovely weekend!  :smiley:

Brightness