Hi, my name is mkhatter76! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mkhatter76!

mkhatter76
mkhatter76 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Just thought I'd say hello. I have suffered with my back for years, just recently diagnosed as DDD.

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mkhatter76 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  How are you doing today?  Sorry to hear about your back as back pain can be very nasty I can only imagine.  Thank you for joining us.  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions that you find interesting.  Our virtual coffee lounge is a good place to start to chat to people.  I look forward to seeing you on here and hope you enjoy your time with us.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mkhatter76 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. Oh, I sympathise.....I've had lower back pain for decades, but not due to your problem, which is likely worse. You're in good company as many of us, with our varying disorders, have pain as an unwelcome companion. Have you found anything that helps?
    Here's a resource that you might find useful: https://ppa.csp.org.uk/content/links
    As a former physio, for me it's always exercise first, but it's often a combination of things that helps, whilst it might not unfortunately cure! As well as exercise, I use relaxation, distraction (reading, watching a film, pottering in the garden, listening to music, etc.), mindfulness & visualisations.
    Please keep in touch, & let us know how you get on. Any questions, about anything, just ask. :)

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome @mkhatter76. How are you? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • mkhatter76
    I'm ok at the minute, was going to have my back injected but covid19 came. I've been coping with my back ok at the minute I've not had a flare up in a few months which is a bonus?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @mkhatter76
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm glad to hear it @mkhatter76. I don't know if it'll be useful to you, but we have some information here about coping with chronic pain during isolation.
    What have you been doing to keep yourself busy lately?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • mkhatter76
    I've been relaxing with the family in the garden. I've just spent time with my family to be honest just doing activities with them.

I've just started trying to do a bit of yoga to see if it helps with my back.
  • Chloe_Scope
    That sounds lovely @mkhatter76! How is the yoga going?
    Scope

• mkhatter76
    A bit hit & miss at the minute ??? but I'll get there eventually
  • Chloe_Scope
    I imagine it does take some practice @mkhatter76! Let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness